Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcmcia graphix cards?????

• 21-01-2004 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Lads and laydees...

i have a laptop and the built in graphics card is cack! when i try to play any game with good graphics runs really bad!! its a pretty new laptop, running 256mb ram and a 1.2mhz processer,

i just wanted to know if there is such a thing as a graphic card, or accelarator of something to boost video memory that i can slot into the pcmcia slots at the side of the laptop???

dont know if this is a stoopid question, but i just thought id ask :)

later
    Macker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

No I'm afraid ... never has been and never will be... and i'd imagine that your processor is 1.2GHz rather than Mhz ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

http://www.villagetronic.com/e_pr_vtbook.html

Heres a link to one.
    :D

was wonderin when someone would notice typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yes, such a thing does exist, but they're geared towards TV-out applications etc, and not gaming, so none of them are 3D accelerated. The limiting factor is the PCMCIA bus is just too damn slow. Pretty much the only solution is to choose your laptop more carefully next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

oops yea i ment Ghz... sorry
    thanks for the info lads :)

i suppose i overlooked the whole graphics end of things when i was buying it...

but i might be changing it soon.. cos the hard drive got bunched on it 2 months ago, and it was sent in for repair.. they said they were going to replace the harddrive, but when i got it back i got same probs about 1 month into it.. so there bringing it in again, and hopefull they wont be able to fix her , then i can get a new one for same value... my mate got that last month.. sent it in for a small crack on the casing (was on it when he bought it) but when he got it back it was in bits as if it was dropped.. he got a brand spanker :) (fingers crossed)

thanks

Later
    Macker

Advertisement