Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafix cards that suport two monitors

• 21-01-2004 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Howdy,

Can anyone give me a good reason why I'd want a grafix card to suport the running of two monitors ? It just shows the same thing as the other one right?

Also, can anyone sujests a good budget grafix card, under 100 euros like. I'm not mad in to my games these days, something that will do the job though...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

it doesn't necessarily just show two identical images, you can have a very large desktop which is useful for certain graphic design work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

cos its fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

grand_canyon_over.jpg

This is why.......

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

Extended/Spanned desktops are dead-handy for any kind of multimedia development - more desktop to spread tools and assests across...

In my previous job as a video production engineer the main editing rig had a desktop spanned over 3 19" flatscreens. A massively long timeline with 2/3rds of a monitor each for assets, effects & previews was brilliant... great for playing games on too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

5700 Pro with with dual outputs. I have it, works well, if it I had two identical monitors instead of one 19" 4 year old gateway and a decade old 14". I'm sure two 17" TFTs would look sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Some Graphics cards come with a built in tv tuner. So you could possibly watch tv on one and work/play games on the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Prisoner6409
    you could possibly watch tv on one and work/play games on the other.

Never thought of that - good idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the gfx cards that come with tv tuners don't support dual monitor i don't think

some one prove me wrong and i'll be happy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

for a spanned desktop you would probably have to get monitors where the screen surface goes all the way to the edge with little or no case around the boarder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ati 9000 / 9600 both have duel mon display options i use the 9600 myself and find it very handy . 2x 17" mons . tho ive never used both to play a computer game ive a feeling it would be hard on resorces .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The cheapest card that I know of that supports two monitors is an original Radeon/7000. Get the Connect3D one if going for that, its cheapest and faster than the others.

Advertisement