Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q1Edge on the server

Options
  • 21-04-2000 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

Can we get edge for the ca server? I have a copy of it for download on http://clanarena.hk.st if you need it, slosh Im assuming? Thanks for getting the server up btw, and I know Im being demanding and all, but to improve the quality of ca we need a little variation in the league.
    Thanks in advance (/me assuming here smile.gif)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah should be no problem.

Also I think we should use FTIDM3 (the DM3 mutation with 2 teleports to the back of YA and the top of RA. It makes the game faster and deters camping a fair bit.

I'll throw it up too so people can test it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

gud map tha dev

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

where can i download the dm3 mutation map?, and any chance of setting up a qizmo for ICAL? it would be much appreciated

Better go practise on q1edge, you know find some good camping positions smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

IQCAL, IQCAL, IQCAL!!!! cool.gif

• Advertisement

Jesus the fps get very low on that map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

vincent u in a clan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

here are the maps that dev was going on about
    the decamped dm3 i had 2 so i included both didnt know which one was the one he needed
    the zip file is just over 850k
    http://www.planethosting.co.uk/members/galaxy/camaps.zip

Thnks for the link death, and i'm in GT Podgeen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I was just about to ask that smile.gif

• Advertisement

i was thinking of are the mr.fribbles maps.EFDM12 looks very suitable for CA.His site is: http://www.planetquake.com/fribs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The reason that all the curves and coreners catch ppl on that map is that it's a direct port of the q2 version. Q2 of course, has a much better engine than Q1. At least I think that's it, no point in disparaging me if I'm wrong cool.gif

This is how l33t efdm12 is.We have to use this map!
    efdm12_1.jpg

Gendm1:Trash
    This is also a l33t looking map.
    gendm1_1.jpg

Have a better look at all the l33tn355 @: http://www.planetquake.com/gonzo/quake.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Appreciate the help, but...ummm well actually I dont. Not like that. I wanted a link to A suitable map, not a link to a site with a list of fukin hundreds of maps. Im not gonna spend hours downloading every/random map/s. Ive already been through LOADS of damn ukcl maps and other barrysworld hosted ones. So far most are too cramped or complicated with narrow corridors and crap that just isnt suitable for CA.
    Thanks anyway 2040

I didnt say you had to look at all of them.Just look at the ones i suggested just there.They have loads of open spaces and are perfect for CA.Please please please use one of them at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 erkel

I´ve been playing quite alot of ca on different maps. Two stands out as superior. The first (and my personal favourite) is aerowalk. I guess you all have played since its on of the most famous non-iD maps existing. The other one is ztndm4, not sure what the maker named it except for this little code.
    Aerowalk is way to small to use for 4v4 though. But I´m not sure if ztndm4 is that too since I´ve not tested it with so many. Come to think of it, even that one is rather small... Which makes this message completely useless but I´m not going to delete it since I´ve written so much :)

Cheers
    //ErkeL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 erkel

Must say that Q1Edge is a really crappy map. I´ve got a 450mhz and a v3 but it still kills my fps. It´s also quite bad constructed. Many places where you can get stuck on the wall when sliding down etc etc. There are maps much mauch better than this one. Why use it at all?

//ErkeL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Suggest a better one. Provide the link to dl it and Ill check it out. Until I find a better one Edge is a damn good CA map imo.

He's right.There has to be better maps than this.Did anyone ever hear of the tangerine dream maps.They're really class.There's loads of suitable maps @: http://www.planetquake.com/gonzo/quake.html

Oops there's only one tangerine dream map.Chek them out anyway.

[This message has been edited by 2040 (edited 23-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

DM3 or Aerowalk.. thats all we need..

Advertisement