Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum for Stargate sci -fi ?

Options
  • 21-01-2004 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Stargate sg1 is one of the most popular sci-fi programs around and with its up coming spin off series in summer (which sky one is going to show) a successful movie a rumored new movie and one and a half seasons left of Sg1 + a huge fan base it is quickly becoming as big as star trek and star war's.

So I was wondering if a forum could be set up for like minded fans. As I think it could become as popular as the Star wars / star trek forums in time
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Not a fan but the show indeed is very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Indeed a fan here. I vote yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Yes please.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Gets my vote!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I lurve stargate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I knew their would be a good few people that would be interested in a stargate forum

I wonder what the almighty admins think though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i concur

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I agree. I think its a necessity!

Did anyone else notice Carter humming the Stargate theme in the elevator last night? Hilarious. I wonder if that was scripted, or if it was an ad-lib...?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't watch the show myself but with the huge fan base and spin-off series coming out it could be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I agree. I think its a necessity!

Did anyone else notice Carter humming the Stargate theme in the elevator last night? Hilarious. I wonder if that was scripted, or if it was an ad-lib...?

Yeah i caught that...funny

Nice to see another yummy female in the show....that sarah bird is fit.

Also like Carter in those low cut tops & skirts....beena while since she whipped her femines side out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Very much scripted I'd imagine (though I did laugh). The Simpsons have done it in the past - I was expecting O'Neill to tell Carter to stop humming that annoying tune.

(theme from McGyver would have been funnier but they already put a reference in s1ep1)

Dunno if it warrants a forum of its own to be honest but I'm not saying nay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

A Stargate forum would definitely entice me into the Sci-Fi/Fantasy section. Very classy show that makes Enterprise look even worse than it is.

Not just a show either, but a whole new universe / technology / Earth backstory - plenty of stuff to discuss.

but a whole new universe / technology / Earth backstory - plenty of stuff to discuss.

Aye stargate already has a lot of depth to it interesting race's starship's ground combat real world technology interesting main cast etc ...Then you have the movie and the up comeing spin off set it a whole new galaxy against a new enemy with a new team + from what i know their's a pc game in the work's

Their's a lot to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

would make a great addition to the Sci-Fi section imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I didn't know about the new series starting.

Thumbs up from me then

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Gets my vote. Beats Enterprise (and, previously, Voyager) into a bloodied pulp.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Make it so.

Ooop, wrong program :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

*raises hand for forum*
    Warp 9 Mr Mod ;) kidding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Yes from over here as well. Definitley worth it .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by ixoy
    Gets my vote. Beats Enterprise (and, previously, Voyager) into a bloodied pulp.

*mental note beat ixoy to a bloody pulp, ah revenge is a dish best served cold

eh i don't watch it but keep meaning too. good bit of discussion about it, seems popular i say yes

• Advertisement

Make it so.

im amazed it took so long to have that joke posted :D

well their's a lot of support for it which is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Support inserted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i too would like to see a stargate forum its a great show

Up to the admins so seem's people are happy to have this forum :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

As always, i'm against. With SG1 having a forum of its own the last vestiges of any vaguely decent scifi ever created will be removed from the Sci-Fi board. I don't expect anyone to agree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You expect wrong, my young padwan, for I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Ye i would like a SG forum would be good.
    Any1 think it's a funny show and doesn't take itself 2 seriously and jack is always taking the piss. i was watching a show 2 night and daniel was talking 2 jack about sumtin then jack just takes out a yo-yo and starts messing with it and just completey ignores daniel! u don't c that in star trek!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Wouldnt mind a bit of a Stargate forum meself to be honest, with the spin off series and of course stargate infinity theyll be lots to talk about. plus lots of piccies of carter in low cut dresses MMM

so let me be the first to post a piccie lol

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I vote that we move all the sci-fi/fantasy subs back into sci-fi/fantasy... yeahey who's with me!! ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

quiet you or i'll send around d ladz (anto micko and deco) to sort you out

Advertisement