Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum for Stargate sci -fi ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    quiet you or i'll send around d ladz (anto micko and deco) to sort you out

Its slightly more possible that Azezil will sort them out and they will come back wearing tank tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

wouldn't be the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

this is actually the first season od SG I didnt watch. Ive been watching since season 1 and say the film when it first came out. (YES IM A BIG NERD) it definitly is very popular but thats because its not really that sc-fi. Good Sci-fi is never popular.:p
    I agree there is a good deal to talk about and I vote yes to this forum but dont even begin to compare it to ST. SW maybe (but if you take the eu into accout NO!).
    SG hasnt that much depth, no eu and the acting isnt that good. On the plus side the props costumes and effects get better every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eu?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

expanded univerise ........its the star war's books that piss all over the cannon of the movies
    and the acting isnt that good

You have watched the 2 lateist star wars movies right? ....i could act better than all of them :dunno
    wouldn't be the first time!

What a horrible though :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

expanded univerise ........its the star war's books that piss all over the cannon of the movies

Read Timothy Zahns trilogy then say that. :p

This 'devolution' of the fora on boards is a bit annoying to be honest, there aren't enough topics generated on the Scif-Fi board to warrant it, and I doubt there's an 'if you split is they will come' phenomenon at work. (For the record I love SG1, but am perfectly fine with the current setup)

well there is a bit of a if you split it they will come phenomenon star trek never got the number of threads it does now when it was part of sci-fi originally

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ya know whether it gets it's own section or not should have nothing to do with how good it is (And yes I'm a big fan too) but the actual need to use a subsection to handle the amount of threads it inspires....which at the moment are damn few. It's not like the SciFi section is overloaded or anything, going back a month there are just 3 relatively small postings about SG1 specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

What kaids said.

any say on this admin gods?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm with Kaids, there should never have been any decentralisation of the sci-fi/fantasy forum, it just isn't warranted. No new forum for SG-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Im suprised i didnt notice this topic before. I would definatley like a SG1 forum. The new season is showing now so it would be a good time to start a forum and the SG1 spin off is starting in a few months so the new forum could be on that aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

He saw the idea, and lo he thought the idea was good. He went to Devore and asked him to make the Idea a reality !!!

(Thats a YES PLEASE from me)

Gandalf

(ps any chance of a Samanta Carter sub forum,,, mmmmmm goodness!!!!)

Ill ask her.

im not exeatly sure how the boards.ie "rank" system works. Taz said this would not happen and he is a MOD yet biszmark and you gandalf are both MODs aswell and you want it?

How does this work who gets the final say? Is it DeVore?

mods mean nothing up to admin

Its up to the admins (their our gods) it doesnt matter if your a mod or not :)

but the admins havent replyed yet :(

Who are the admins? DeVore and Excelesor?

aye

Would it not be possible to just PM one of them and ask them to come check this topic out?

just sent one to dev ..But tbh i dont want to be pushy their busy people as well

• Advertisement

Thats what i was thinking they must get so many PM`s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What's the hurry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

if they want it it will be done

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

thinking......

Need to review how other SF sub sections have fared.

DeV.

k thanks dev
    What's the hurry?

it was 8 days! hardly a hurry ..................plus i blame user hes pushy i tells ya ! :p

Fingers crossed eh Bizmark?
    The Star Trek - sub sci-fi sent well but
    The SW didnt go aswell (that one will pick up next year closer to epsiode 3)

We can only hope...

well lets be honest Star wars has what 12-14 hours of screen time ? Stargate has twice that in one year......not surrpriseing they dont have much to talk about really :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In factt a lot of star wars related convo does take place, but its all in IJC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I disagree, any time I'm on boards I make sure to visit the Star Wars forum as I have a fair bit of built up useless knowledge of it from books and comics, and always look forward to a good argument in there. Anyone asks a question I'll straight away be in to post, and the odd time start my own thread. It's quite, but there have been a few good threads there. I was quite disappointed to see my 3 page essay in the best swordfighter thread pretty much finished it, and no one has really posted anything in there since. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

SW nuts have 3 forums available to them, SF,SW and IJC. If SG gets half as much as any of these forums it will be lucky (excluding the first month high that accompanies all new forums---trolling season)

Advertisement