Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum for Stargate sci -fi ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Vader
    SW nuts have 3 forums available to them, SF,SW and IJC. If SG gets half as much as any of these forums it will be lucky
    /me breaks out calculator

SF and SG1 for SG1 (= 2 possible forums) / SF, SW & IJC for SW (= 3 possible forums) = 66.6%

(btw, I know what you probably meant:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

SW has an eu SGsg1 doesnt, the point about the 12/14 hours to talk about is idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I said screen time Vader :rolleyes: love of god man read the posts

Maybe if we get this forum we should ask for a "Stargate command" forum see if you have what it takes to travel to other planets and use militry weapions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yes .... Just as long as someone tells me where to get piccies of Teryl Rothery....

/me drools

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

... eew

There are way better women in that show!

}:>

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bizmark
    well lets be honest Star wars has what 12-14 hours of screen time ? Stargate has twice that in one year......not surrpriseing they dont have much to talk about really :dunno:

What u said was very clear, because there is only 12-14 hrs of screen time we dont have much to talk about. I say thats pure idiocy because SW has an eu.

What part of my post becomes irrelevent without the words screen time .

You didnt understand my post, eu stands for expanded universe if thats any help; but that was said earlier. Read the posts! Dumbass!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

its irrelevant how many boards an individual show has, at the end of the day the IJC is not meant to be for SW discussion but more the concept of the jedi and jedi religion.

so my point here is that SW has two forums to discuss things like any other sci-fi sub forum has the original sci-fi forum and the sub forum.

the fact is that a new episode is aired a week for SG which can promote a lot of discussion and the fact that reruns are shown can be enough to ensure some popularity and the talk of the spin offs and what not

i'm waffling now so i'm gonna stop now anyhwo i think the board can support itself at least as well as some of the other sci-fi boards

regards

data

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

NERD WARS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I only saw 1 Star Wars forum i probbley didnt look hard enough.
    I didnt expect my idle comment to cause this SWvSG arguement type thing.

When i go to the SW forum in the SCI-Fi section i notice that there is not much discussion. I liked that Darth maul V Yoda thread, but it most people went with yoda.
    I would have expect my thread on Yoda V Emperor to be much popular because it is reley open to discussion.

Anywho I just hope that SG1 gets its owm forum, ill spend lots of time there myself.

There will be lots to discuss because of the new episodes every week. Also as soon as this new seris ends we will get to watch the new spin off and then when the new spin off is finised the new season of Sg1 will be around again, when thats over we will have the 2nd season of the spinoff nad when that is over the SG1 movie should be close to release. (I read far too ahead)

Vader

You have 12 hours of CANNON screen time and what ever the hell the EU has which as far as i know (and i dont know much about star wars EU to be fair) Lucus has said isnt cannon.If thats true theirs a massive difference and my first post would be true

And wtf am i bothering with this i dont even like Sw :rolleyes:
    NERD WARS

aye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Star Gate has an expanded universe. I've seen books on amazon and one or two other sites. Also, I heard there might be comics of it. Not sure about the comics, never bothered to research to see if they were made or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

There's also a spin off cartoon.... its bad mind you ;)

I downloaded the first episode of the spin off i didnt like it. For those who are interested i think it is on sky 1 weekends at 6 or 7 in the morning

Shouldnt call the cartoon a spin off really m8 it might confuse some people to the real atlantis spin off comeing next year

That cartoon is awful though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the cartoon was dreadful, whoever created it obviously had it aimed at children, but then again who's gonna be up at 6 or 7 in the weekend?

*edit*

Oh was also thinking there's lots to talk about stargate, the fact that it can draw gun nuts and physics type people into the forum would be good. Stargate is based in current day earth so a lot of things can be compared and I'd imagine that the forum would have enough traffic, especially if people know it's dedicated to stargate.
    And just because stargate has large penis shaped weapons, it's noting to be jelous of............ LOL

*/edit* :)

never look at the staff weapion the same again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

lol, it was mentioned in the sg1 post in sci-fi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

right with all the ranting and raving out of the way could we get back on topic, namely will the admins make a final decision on whether theres gonna be an sg1 forum or not

been dragging a bit now

shin

aye its been like 10 days at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah. Lets get some pitchforks and assault the Boards server!

• Advertisement

With all the interest shown i would say they probbley will.
    But only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by shinzon
    right with all the ranting and raving out of the way could we get back on topic, namely will the admins make a final decision on whether theres gonna be an sg1 forum or not

been dragging a bit now

I dunno, DeVore did say he wanted to review the situation with the Sci-Fi section so I can understand if that's gonna take a while.

Ye i would say you are right, anywhoo we can wait

Well if your the only person who uses the forum it will be successfull. 38 posts a day, how do you do it.

(I dont think he'll be the only person there btw, good luck with the forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Originally posted by imp
    I dunno, DeVore did say he wanted to review the situation with the Sci-Fi section so I can understand if that's gonna take a while.

Hmmm, I've had a look at the ijc.
    whats that doing in community?
    Surely it should be under sci-fi/ fantasy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

the IJC belongs in personal issues

Originally posted by Vader
    Well if your the only person who uses the forum it will be successfull. 38 posts a day, how do you do it.

(I dont think he'll be the only person there btw, good luck with the forum)

Look this is getting boring i have explained this so many times.

Ive been registerd for 13 days

13 days x 24 hours a day= 312
    13 days x 7 hours sleep a day = 91

312-91= 221 hours = total awake time since i registerd

221 div by 500 posts = 0.5 posts a hour.

Thats 1 post every 2 hours since i was registerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

you don't have to explain yourself to these people anyway, i post quite frequently these days as well but it doesn't show up in my post count per day thingy as when i first registered with boards i then didn't start using it regularly for months later. you don't see people coming along and questioning the amount i'm posting?

*data now expectantly awaits someone to come along and question the amount he's posting.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Originally posted by User45701
    Look this is getting boring i have explained this so many times.

Ive been registerd for 13 days

13 days x 24 hours a day= 312
    13 days x 7 hours sleep a day = 91

312-91= 221 hours = total awake time since i registerd

221 div by 500 posts = 0.5 posts a hour.

Thats 1 post every 2 hours since i was registerd.

Look matey, If you posted once every 2 hours since you registered (during your total awake time) you'd only have posted 110 times. You post twice every hour of your "total awake time". I've already corrected you once, Jesus.

• Advertisement

Lads come on this is a request for a forum for my favourt Sci-fi prog could you lot wait to flame each other till the admins say ye or na

Advertisement