Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forum for Stargate sci -fi ?

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by User45701
    Look this is getting boring i have explained this so many times.

Ive been registerd for 13 days

13 days x 24 hours a day= 312
    13 days x 7 hours sleep a day = 91

312-91= 221 hours = total awake time since i registerd

221 div by 500 posts = 0.5 posts a hour.

Thats 1 post every 2 hours since i was registerd.
    Does this mean you spend every waking moment browsing boards? :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Takes one to know one Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

My maths isent the best.

Also Kaids:

Try to work stuff out. although the numbers i posted where wrong you could still think about it a bit.....

If someone posts 1 post every hour does that mean that every hour they post 1 post?
    No!
    They could log on and post 24 posts and then not post again for 24 hours. and it would still show up as 1 post every hour.

Wow, thanks for that User. I never considered that. Really, thanks. I feel so enlightened now. Thanks again.

Youre welcome

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by kaids
    Does this mean you spend every waking moment browsing boards? :p

Im thinking of sueing boards because its soo damn addictive.

Well people have tried to sue macey D`s cause its so addictive so you never know u might be able to pull it off. There was some madd case in amsterdam of someone TRYING to sue a coffie shop there saying that what they sold was too addictive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Cup of STFU people? Keep your flaming in the circus or the cs board, nobody gives a **** about User45701's stats, do you feel inadiquit about it? god dam teh off topicness of it all!

Yeye Stargate

Rob

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Originally posted by Vader
    Im thinking of sueing boards because its soo damn addictive.

This springs to mind....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah its all a matter of

postcountenvy.jpg

coincidentally bob_bot i just read your sig in the catcher in the rye today

• Advertisement

yeap, the quote is also heavly used in GITS Stand Alone Complex :)

Dataisgod are you saying that i am posting a large amount to become top poster?

That would be very hard considering that there are several people with several thousand posts.

Also Bob_Bot you seam to be imaganing things. You said
    "nobody gives a *FLAME* about User45701's stats"
    but everyone is always asking why do i post so much and how can it be possible and do i have a life outside boards.ie so clearley people do care and i just explain that my post count is not actualy that high.

If I wanted to try to have a high post count or show people my post count i would have a link to my profile in my sig or mabe in my sig i would have it say
    "look at my post count"

If you have a problem with me or my posts use the Ignore button
    As Bizmark pointed out B4 lets keep this thread for getting a Sg1 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by User45701
    Dataisgod are you saying that i am posting a large amount to become top poster?

nope you took me up wrong in fact the card was meant to indicate that people where envious of your general post count/rate etc.

data

Ok thanx for clearing that up data.

Now on to Stargate.

I have heard that Sky are planing to enter into negoations to show the new stargate spin off. It Wont air in the US till earley summer and we should have it before next september.

Oddly enough I was defending you in a way, my post was to indicate the same point that Dataisgod brought up, people just seem to have post envy and I was wondering were they feeling inadiquit or threatened about it? So in conclusion the comment was not directed at you or intended to discredit you as a person. I'm just sick of seeing that whenever you make a post or post back, some wiseass decides to comment on your % Per Day

Anywho, here's something to do with Stargate, how about calling the forum (if it goes ahead) Stargate Command? Just an idea

Rob

Ye that sounds like a good name.
    All we need now is the go-a-head from the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Devore told us what he was doing so ....let him do it im sure he will get back to us when he makes his mind up

As for the name what does it matter as long as Stargate is in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yep, gimme gimme gimme.

i vote yes btw. ;)

Stargate Command?

AHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH AHHAHHAAHAHHA AHHAHAAAHA HAHAHA AHHAH HAHA HAA AH A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yeah. In fairness, "Stargate Command" might just be over-doing it a wee bit. I think Stargate on its own gets the idea across fairly well.

Anyway, what's the hold up with an admin response? (Apart from the giant workload) Surely these people can use their superhuman abilities to create the forums with a wave of their hand...?

• Advertisement

DeVore said he wanted to check it out and see if there is much interest (or something like that)

Kaids - what is so funny?

Stargate command being a pritty crap forum name more than likely User

I dont actually see why its a bad name, its the name of the facality in the show.

Neway it will be Called Stargate SG1 or SG1 because Star Wars is called Star Wars and Star Trek is called star Trek. Forums seem to just get the name of the show

Also there is no point discusing names since we dont even have the go-a-head for the new forum yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Eh no, You need to decide the name before the forum gets the go ahead.

An admin comes along sees a new thread and goes "Sigh not another one". The usual response is lets gage the interest. This means once you get onto about your third page and a lot of different ppl have given support pm another admin.

They'll fly in see that another admin says its ok and creates it. They wont contact you they'll just create it to the specs youve given them.

Then Hmmm Then it will probbley be "StarGate" because there is no point in caling it "StarGate SG1" becase there is a spin off with a different name and a 2nd movie comming out so "StarGate" would probbley be the best choice for a name.

thanx vader for explaining that i assumed that it was the other way around.

It makes sence to just call it stargate seeming theirs ....The first movie The tv prog a cartoon and a live action spin off comeing up + maybe a new movie based on sg1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

You lot make baby jebus cry.

The movie has been confirmed. They where planing to start filiming after season 7 but they have now decided to make a 8th season (8th sheveron mabe??)
    The movie will then be made after season 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Wow, a movie based on a series based on a movie.

• Advertisement

Aparently if you want a new forum request it goes in the Admin/support forum.
    Should this thread be moved or is it ok here?

There does seem to be plently of interest in a stargate forum so thats good.

Advertisement