Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdwow.com cheaper than cdwow.ie!

• 21-01-2004 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Just something I spotted! CD's are nearly a €1 cheaper when you buy from the .com domain instead of the .ie one! I'm guessing IOL take commission?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

what a scoop :rolleyes: !!!!!

Yeah we all know that un, the hongkong site is even cheaper.

www.cd-wow.com.hk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Um, where've you been sleepin?
    Well done tho.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Not for much longer I'm guessing:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/35022.html

I see the prices for all the pre-releases have gone up to 16euro on cdwow.ie. I wonder will shipping to ireland be blocked on the HK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

An e-mail I received today from CD-WOW
    Dear Member,

The UK Major record companies through their mouth piece the BPI* have unfortunately restricted the UK and Irish consumers right to enjoy the freedom of the World Wide Web.

As from this weekend, any CD ordered for delivery to the UK and Ireland will incur a surcharge as we are only able to deliver CDs manufactured within the EU (more expensive).

Delivery to the rest of the world will not be affected.

You only have a few days left - so order now!

Be quick to make the best of our current low low prices while you can still exercise your right to choose.

We will of course still be supplying UK and Irish customers but as of Sunday 25th January 2004 a surcharge of 3.00 Euros (£2.00) per CD will apply.

Please Note - our prices of DVDs and Games will remain unaffected

Warmest Regards,
    CD WOW!

*British Phonographic Industry Ltd

All I can say is.....BAS.TARDS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by Kananga
    what a scoop :rolleyes: !!!!!

Yeah we all know that un, the hongkong site is even cheaper.

www.cd-wow.com.hk

Jaysus, that's cheap. I'm buying all my stuff from HK now !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

make the most of it! there was a thing on the news this morning basically saying what BaZmO* posted, saying prices would go up on sunday.

Advertisement