Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game Endings (contains some spoilers)

Options
  • 21-01-2004 2:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

like the best intro thread, but for endings.

mine would be either Homeworld, any of the fmv's at the end of Warcraft3 campaigns(especially arthus's one) and maybe Final Fantasy VII. or freespace 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I very much enjoyed all the Nod endings in the CnC games.
    I enjoyed the GDI ending of Tiberian dawn because it showed how brillent and loyal NOD soldiers are.

I loved Zero hours ending, i wont post it for those who havent completed it yet , dont want to spoil it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Fallout, Fallout, and, eh ... Fallout (I _still_ haven't finished Fallout 2!!). Amazing ending.
    Manages to smack you in teh face with the repercussions of every decision you make in that game

Baldur's Gate 1 had a great ending. Deep symbolism in it.

The CnC Tiberian-universe games. I really liked the GDI ending to Tiberian Sun

Not to mention 'Doom' - f*cked up image with a cute little bunny rabbit in the foreground :D

Half-Life
    Deus Ex

Odd i cant remember that end doom game bit....
    Do any of you remember the ending to Jedi Knight DArk Forces 2 Dark Side ending?
    You become emperor of the univerce and you get a massive throne to sit on :) what makes it so good is JK2 is done with actors so the cutscenes are MUCH better

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The only C&C ending I really liked was from the first game..... Zap the temple of nod using the GDI satellite thingy.... Kane raises his arms like he is being crucified and light filled the screen.... (If you just blew up the temple normally, he just got crushed by falling debris - boring!)

- Dave.

Both endings shoed how brillent and fanitcal NOD soldiers where.
    I liked Kanes smirck as one of his soldiers is excuted for cowerdice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

definitly half-life ending, loved it, the zen levels are still visually impressive nowadays

Imperial campagin Star Wars Balance of Power (BOP) was very good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Mafia (the city of lost heaven i think it was)

Star Wars : KOTOR (depending which way you take although the lightside one makes you feel good inside and the star wars music going on ! :p)

prince of persia (sands of time) =
    where he calls that princess by the name she has never told anyone about i thought was pretty cheeky and nifty :p, that and reversing time after the kiss didnt go too well

there are others too, im just tired and cant think straight :(, mafia one definately sprung to mind though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Solitaire :rolleyes:

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

duke nukem....best 2d ending in the world! look at that rocket chair head towards the moon...wow...what a childhood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Planescape torment had an excellent ending, rather grim too, I really loved the fallout endings, the same can be said of most of D&D games actually.
    I thought both of the homeworld games had brilliant endings that oddly closed off the story well.
    Both of the no one lives forever had great endings, the first one was filled with especially cheesy goodness.
    Final fantasy X was good,
    I loved how tidus spent so long trying to save yuna, then just disappeared, brilliant!
    And I dont care what anyone said about unreal 2, I liked it and its ending was IMO very nicely done.
    As with most of my posts parappa the rapper deserves mention, the whole concert thing at the end was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pretty much any Zelda game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by angelofdeath
    definitly half-life ending, loved it, the zen levels are still visually impressive nowadays

i hated those levels with a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Phreak
    i hated those levels with a passion.

thought the exact same thing but didnt say anything, really wasnt a fan of those zen levels atall in the slightest

LOL same here didnt like those zen levels either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 2 is my favourite ending. The last 5 hours are absolutely heart wrenching and the ending I got almost had me in tears. I'll have to play it again for the 108 stars ending.

GTA 3 ending had me in stiches.
    GTA: Vice City ending was a great excuse to shout 'say hello to my little friend!' at the top of your voice.
    The old Metroid games always had an unexpected bit in their endings. Was disappointed with Metroid Primes ending.
    FFVII and FFX
    Xenogears. More bull**** than Matrix Reloaded. Except it all made sense near the end.
    Metla Gear Solid. It was just like an action film where
    the bad guy comes back one last time

I Actualey reley enjoyed playing Star Wars KOTOR i thought it was a great game and very adictive the Dark side edning was amazing the thing that anoyed me the most was that
    you couldent kill that basterd Carth unasi but i loved being the dark lord of the sith i have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Homeworld.....man that was one hell of a game...i think i'll install it again tonight and finish it for like the 3rd/4th time.

Its soo cool when you build up your fleet early and just whop everyone forever....phoa!

The last mission, the assault on earth , sooooo sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by User45701
    LOL same here didnt like those zen levels either.

same here. And the final final ending, where you have to either join the bad guys or die(ie: lose the game) was disappointing as well. I hoped you'd have an option to fight your way to freedom (although I guess the whole earth was infested at that stage). Maybe in HL2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

what? i loved those levels, the textures were amazing, what im really disappointed with is the fact that we dont get a chance to return to the zen borderworld in HL2

• Advertisement

I personley think its good if its not in HL2 but i dont think its good that HL is pushed back 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

probably Mega-lo-mania on the Amiga..wot a classic that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

metroid prime - soooo secksy:eek:
    max payne - loved the way it came back to the intro...
    doom - poor fluffy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I always liked the ending to Resident Evil 2 when you complete the 2nd scenario. The one in the train. It does this great close up on the Birkin monster's eye just as it blows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i think Half life had.
    especially with the big build-up and then at the end end leaving you feel in a bleak world of no hope when you were surrounded by all those monsters.
    it really gave it a sence of realism compared to you having to pummel some insanely powerful boss while circle strafing, totally obliterating the core purpose of the game which was, realism and making you actually fell "in control" of the gameplay.
    Genius!

Bring on HL2!!!!
    although a friend of mine got the source code and has already seen the ending/spoilers revealing the ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It absolutely has to be ICO. I've seen alot of cool end sequences but that one eclipses them all. It's simply stunning!
    :eek:

What happened at the end of Mega lo Mania then Lennie? I loved that game but I wasn't that good at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

The end of C&C when you played as Nod and got the chance to Zap Paris, London, Washington etc with the GDI ion cannon...... Loved zapping that eifel tower :)))))

And the zen levels almost ruined HL.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

half life is a given

but i love the endings for both installments of metal gear solid (not including the stupid vr missions and substance). though anything hideo kojima does seems to be smart and, erm, cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty.

Where you get the list of the patriaots names, and they been dead for 100 years.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by secret_squirrel
    The end of C&C when you played as Nod and got the chance to Zap Paris, London, Washington etc with the GDI ion cannon...... Loved zapping that eifel tower :)))))

And the zen levels almost ruined HL.....

Ye i loved the nod ending and there realy is allot of hatred twards those zen levels

Advertisement