Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 season 7 Chimera

Options
  • 21-01-2004 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well what did you all think?
    I expected a episode with Osaris to be very good but i was disapointed the way it endended
    It was good cause it did what Sg1 is best for, tying up lose ends but they could have left that lose end for another few episodes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

One thing left me puzzled, when did the Tok'ra get the technology to remove a symbiote who didn't want to leave? (I've obviously missed an episode somewhere along the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

a looooooooooooong time the tokra had that ablity for a long time they removed Aphosis's "son" from sharka (i havent a clue how to spell his name) 3-4 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I thought that was done by the other group of advanced humans (can't remember what they were called). Carter gave one of them a cat previously, but they came back and asked O'Neil to take part in a triad, along with the Nox and the Goa'uld to decide who would get control of the body. They wouldn't share any of their technology at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Those humans where called the Tholan. They where destoyed by Anubis
    They where holding a trial for the boy (Skaraa) then they said "we will call the tokra to remove the symbiot"

Also i think in the 2nd season the toka could do it but there was a risk factor involved

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I enjoyed it, thought it was very good. It descended into pure mush for a while mid-episode and Jack was nonexistant for much of it but i really liked the ending... the combat scene was gripping, Pete was funny and it tied up things nicely. They left what happened to the symbiote open, so there could be more to that storyline yet.

• Advertisement

Its dead.

The Tokra removed it and they can only keep a symbiote in stasis for a few weeks i think it is and there not going to put it in another host so we can assume osaris is dead.

I wonder what telc`s dreams are like, i bet there all about him killing apophis

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by User45701
    Its dead.

The Tokra removed it and they can only keep a symbiote in stasis for a few weeks i think it is and there not going to put it in another host so we can assume osaris is dead.
    Eh, they kept Lantash alive in statis for months if not longer. Hell, Osiris and and the Tokra queen were kept alive in tiny little stasis jars for thousands of years.

//NERDOFF

It could still easily be alive.

Ofcoarse you are right, i was thinking how long the Tarai could keep them allive for. My mistake, i supose they could keep her allive for infirmation or something but it wouldent be the same unless it was the same actor playing osaris

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did Osiris have any connections? I mean they could dump her now because she has no place in their battle with the System Lords.

You're right earlier btw - it was the Tollan who extracted the symbiote from R'yac. I don't know if they ever shared that knowledge with the Tok'ra but both groups are pretty fcuked currently anyway.

I got to say - I liked this episode. Nice, gentle pace and nice to see the two people characters keep their lover without having to attend their funeral. Given the connection to the lost human civilization (who can say "Stargate: Atlantis"), I wonder if they're going to feature in the new show?

I couldent resist i had to read ahead to next weeks episode :(
    The gou`auld discover the off wourld earth base

Its going to be so good!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement