Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College~Network~Stuff

Options
  • 21-01-2004 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

i know its a common request but our computers in our labs have had sound disabled due to engineer students coming in and playing games on our computers - our admin wont listen o any requests thanks tot he fact that these students mouthed off to him not knowing who indeed he was - nothing malicious is intended - the rest of the computers on campus have sound etc...computer science dont ,its quite stupid our projects are mediocre in comparison....web pages with no sound no dynamic graphic content etc....i play games at home not in college,a small group of students who shouldnt have been there have ruined it for all of us.....plz if anyone knows a definite way/tool of getting admin privileges even on ONE client PC as to demonstrate our web projects plz post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

i'm sure when you are demonstrating your web projects you'll be allowed to do it for the presentation. just ask. but you won't get it restored indefinately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by Carlitos
    web pages with no sound no dynamic graphic content etc.
    Sounds fine to me. Background sounds and bombastic imagery have been considered poor form for quite some time. Unless you're talking about overblown Flash intros...
    plz if anyone knows a definite way/tool of getting admin privileges even on ONE client PC as to demonstrate our web projects plz post
    Ask nicely. If the answer is no, set some members of faculty staff upon them. Then write a strongly worded letter in a withering, ironic style to the student newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Personally, any web pages with sound, I leave straight away. But it can be a disadvantage not to have sound enabled occasionally.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Are you in UCD? If so the Windows policy files haven't disabled the Sound application in Control Panel. Try searching for sound on drive C: and you just might be able to re-enable it.

The idiot might have disabled the sound in the BIOS, poke around in there and see.

Advertisement