Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team3.ie or something

Options
  • 20-04-2000 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right lads,

Enough chat and discussion. We have all more or less decided what we want in the running of the team, judging by the 50 posts I just read.

As Devore said, "friendly dictatorship", I am sitting myself up on the stool with Dev, I want in on this Team.ie. My bird is in Limerick, I have loads of time on my hands during weekdays, and a free net connect here at work. Jedi and Vagga seem to also be interested in it.
    So, how about it? Ye trust us four to start organising things?
    Not that it matters if ye don't, PS and 7 will just put a team together and smack Team.ie around. *cough*

All in favour, say "Shinji".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

A friendly dictatorship will probably work, as long as it is er, a fair friendly dictatorship - if that makes sence.
    I also think the 4 people that have offered to get the ball moving and run the team are the right people for the job.
    I also think that everyone elses comments, input, tactics and enthusiasm is vital to keep something like this moving.
    I'd like to offer any support I possibly can (the use of RW and BC servers), or even my clan server if it's needed, and i'd like to contribute tactically or in any way that would further team.ie because it is a good idea and needs to be allowed grow, and it will only grow with everyones input and dedication. I enjoyed the last attempt at an Irish team (in quake2) it's a pity it didn't work out, hopefully this one will... so we can watch our lads slaughter some UK **** .

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I support these 4 ppl as the panel that should pick the team.
    Devore has always shown diplomacy and willingness to make the hard decisions and piles of experience from team.ie.
    Zero again has loads of experience and is familiar with the UL scene, which is thriving again and with the Dublin scene since he works now in the Big Schmoke.
    Jedi has been in from the start of q3 and is the most commited a pasionate q3 player in Ireland atm.
    Vagga has enormous experience online in UK and loads of contacts from this area.
    Very well balanced panel IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Shinji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Shinji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

I cannot play Q3 regularily, so I would like to put myself forward for the Panel. I think everyone should have a fair chance at getting on the team and a panel of 5 is better for voting on matters. Right so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Oh, and heres a little Team Play demo to show what the standard is like.

Take a look at...
    http://shod.gamers.com/singledemo.asp?demoinq=3944

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

sounds good smile.gif

5 boddies it is then on the pannel, unless anyone else has any objections.

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 20-04-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I object sir!

Well, I do. like,.. cos I can.. I think.. what-ever.

Sounds like the right setup for a panel. Donno about that Bunny lad tho, hes a bit suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Sorry forgot to post my silly point.

One glaring fact I see here is that some people who are on the panel might want to be on the team aswell. Donno if that might work out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Forgive me igronance, but is it possible to have more than 1 team. Seem's to me u's could get away with three team's of good ppl.
    Standard of irish players is pretty high.
    Well, comparing to britan anyway smile.gif

clanludo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I agree with eric, ppl who have the slighest thought of being on the team cannie be on the pannel....

while we still need a cross section of the community be fair...

I would be a fan of 3 people on it, it would make life easier, but if da people demand 5 on it, they should get 5 on it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

why is it the team is being linked with ppl like ser and koopa allready?
    there good but they havent proved anything in quake3. No one really has, so how about we forget what people have done in the PAST and start fresh.
    There should be some q2'ers on the panel too such as spoon or butcher.
    qw ppl only see qw ppl

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 21-04-2000).]

Sure why don't we put everyone who isn't on the team on the panel. Is that what you want Chaos???
    We only need people on the panel who will not only scratch their ass, but do something about raising money.
    It's not just about 'Who will we pick?'.

The panel has to arrange events, such as games, training, lans, and sponsorship.
    Whats the point in having tyen ppl on the panel and only 1 or 2 dosing something.
    I think 3 is enough, 5 max. Odd number prefered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

chaos what exactly do you want us to prove?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Your |33t 5killz I presume.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Ser should be captain I reckon.

No i said perhaps a q2'er on the pannel thats all.
    And about the team, why would u or ser be on the team allready?
    As von said Ser should be captain I reckon.

Like thats someone picking him cause of his qw days. And that seems to be whats going to happen from what ive seen.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Chaos, thats bullsh1t.

This panel will have nothing to do with QW and Q2, and the likes of Ser and whoever else might have been "l33t" then mean nothing until they have run the gauntlet like everybody else who will be on the team.

Dev, you are keeping very quiet. You ok with the panel that has been suggested, Bunny included?

Zero.

I agree with Chaos on this one, and von, what are you saying???
    You have kept your head down for months and as soon as a mention of team.ie, up it comes again.

This is an entirely diferent game to QW.
    Fair enough, all the qw boys are still brilliant players, but you can't base a new team on old skills.

We don't a team captain with 3 managers.

Everyone seems to want a free ride.

Dev, why are you so quiet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

In thinking again about the situation. Jesus I actually want to try out for this team also. I seriously think I'm in with a good shout. Maybe it best I stay out of the final picking of the team. How ever I will help with everything else, e.g tactics, the setting up of the second team to practice against team1 and sponsorship etc.

Jedi.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread was started at 6:55 on Thursday, Its not 4pm on Friday and people are asking why I'm so quiet???? lol

I was out for a beer!

Ok, My thoughts (noone has ever had to ASK for them before smile.gif )

Jedi and Zero are welcome additions from the Q3 community, they know the people involved.
    Vagga and I can work the organisational side of things. Bunny keeps me sane and is a good tactician too. I think thats a good panel.

Chaos, noone yet has been picked and I think you are incorrect btw. People were suggesting Koopa and Beast as shoe-ins. From what I saw of the finals and the PS games in general I would have to agree with Beast and Koopa has shown tremendous skill in Q3 even if his teamplay has always been a bit dodgy (:P koopa).

These players arent being suggested because they were on team.ie nor because of QW days. They are being suggested because they rock at Q3.

That, however, is the exact kind of comment that will have us all arguing instead of uniting. Already boo***men are being seen aroung every doorway.

I'm going to spend sometime reviewing every match game I can find to see what players are like and what their teamplay is like.

DeV.

no offence to koops but where did u see his skill?
    Dont say duels either...

"That, however, is the exact kind of comment that will have us all arguing instead of uniting."

I just wanna view my opinions and make sure ppl dont get picked for the team because of what they were(qw) and not what they are...

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 21-04-2000).]

Dev, how about letting Bunny or Ser or one of the experienced Q2 players review players' teamplay. How about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Uuuhh, its begun

Look we're not selecting a team now, that will be done later. You have plenty of time.

There won't be any bias towards players.

I am not running for the team, if Jedi or Zero want to be in the team then they just won't take part in the selection process, there's plenty of other things that need to be done.

Of course people have ideas who should be on the team Now, means nothing, players can improve.

If you hadn't already noticed I spent alot of time sitting down at lans watching people play, probably more than anyone else.

Exactly.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Um Von can you point out in my post where I said "I and I alone will review teamplay".

To have an informed opinion (as Chaos is SO anxious for us to have) we need to review players *current* teamplay skills. I particularly have to as I havent been paying as much attention as Bunny has so I have to bone up.

Everyone relax and release sphinters please. I'm the tight-ass round here... smile.gif

I know what I'm good at and as you well know I've always said it before:

I'll get you there, the rest is up to you.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

umm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

who picked me and koopa?

i cant see anyware saying that i should b on the team...getting worried chaos or summit? smile.gif

i may not be rocking so hard right now at q3, but i think i was good at qw or sommmit..."uk teamplayer god" i think methos called me?

maybe i suck now... i think the ppl i play with know how lame or good i am...

i can see this giving Dev a headache already?

chill ppl

• Advertisement

This isnt going to give me a headache just yet.

Time for some friendly fascism.

The selection/magic-sponge panel is Me, Vagga, Zero, Jedi and Bunny.

The manager is me (they insist on calling it Captain which I think is confusing as I sure as **** wont be playing smile.gif). I detest commities because nothing gets decided, however I will take everything on board to make an informed decision or simply delegate that decision to be made by someone who knows more then I do in the area. (ala the selection process and the tactics).

Tactics will evolve from the players, praccy, thought and trial-and-error. Best advice can be thrown in by anyone.

The squad will be 12 candidate players. There will be a provisional first team after 2 weeks of praccy. From that point on its everyone against those 4.

We have 4 weeks to get sorted. 6 weeks tops. the matches will be played late may early June it looks like.

Opposition is as yet undecided, could be the usual Scotland, England, Wales. I'm fighting to have us put in with Spain and Portugal.

DeV.

Advertisement