Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Servers...

Options
  • 23-04-2000 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Nearly every time I connect to any British Quake3 server, I find lpbs, and when I do, I have to play against them.
    Often enough I see them aiming their rails from afar, and sitting in one place for most of a game. Most of the players I meet are French or German whose telecom networks are almost entirely ISDN, and they have no clue what us modemers have to go through when playing a game.
    It's horrid playing some unknowing chap who believes everyone has ISDN and that we play on even terms, I find this extremely irritating,
    and do others feel the same way?

<< Arf Arf >>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

HAHAHA!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Bugger off and get isdn yourself. People have been whining about pings for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Well join one of those hpb only servers, play in the UKCCL modem league, there are provisions out there for modemers.... just don't whine on the servers like you normally do u 3l33t ****, everyone has a right to play, even isdners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Crash - replace "play" with "stand still and aim rails for long periods"..

<< Arf Arf >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Be still child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Thats why the b in lpb stands for *******

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

"stand still and aim rails for long periods"
    it's still playing isn't it ?. Hpbs can do it, can't they ?
    So what's your point ? ohhh yes... you're being a ****ing moan about it, aren't you ?

Not half the hpbs do it for long unless they're really crap, and they dont since they know doing that is rude.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

They don't because they can't, the rail being for some odd reason an LPB weapon. smile.gif Rudeness doesn't enter into it.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

M1rv, when you post stuff like that It really does make you look like the newbie you are. But I'll go easy on ya since your new.

People have been playing modem for years and the very long standing debate of hpw v's lpb has been talked over and over probably more times then you have actually played the game.

I myself was a modemer for 3 years and yes, I admit I moaned like bejasus. The only answer to lpbs is the following -

A) be Lorcan!
    B) get isdn.

The decision is yours. Either way, Shurrup!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ISDN - 80 quid

Asus Internal TA - 40 quid

a BnS account for dialup - 0.00 quid

Not listening to some weenie modemer bl33ting - priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

MIRV you obviously know nothing of online gaming in its current form and also know nothing of gamesmanship in general. it is whiners like you that give the online community more than a bad name. maybe a different hobbie would suit your moanersbrain try LEGO perhaps?!?

now, let us all get back to playing in peace
    CA RULZORS,
    Futu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Well then put up with it, all the moaning in the world isn't going to change the fact that there are a growing number of LPBs. So either quit your whinging or quit playing.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Ireland...

ISDN - About 100 quid
    Time to install - ****ing ages (2 or 3 months)
    Monthly phonebill - HUGE

+useless if you are outside Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

But im a student ffs Shinji how the fukk am i to live on your taxs and pay for ISDN jesus there should be a student grant for ISDN smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Sure, being hpb just makes it a sweeter victory.
    any1 know when cable's coming?

narf
    clanludo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

The 12th of never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

muso ye mad **** i thought ye died

howya

Shinji, Im 14, jobless, about to do my Junior Cert, and I can't afford a large phone bill, nor a line rental fee.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Back to the moaning board then m1rv smile.gif

M

• Advertisement

Bunny - ISDN is slow to install, yes (I was waiting 6 months)... But the monthly phonebill isn't "huge", no huger than a standard analogue line. Dial up with BnS or EircomNet, local call charge applies, same as analogue. I pay about 80-90 quid a month in phonebill, which isn't exactly crippling. If I hooked up a modem through the POTS on the back of the TA, I could dial IOL No Limits same as a modemer, only on a nice crisp clean digital line, so 48k connects or better all the way, for your 20 quid a month.

ISDN 0wns.

mIRV - get a part-time job or stop bl33ting. You have an expensive hobby, nobody ever said online gaming was a cheap one.

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Online gaming is a cheap hobbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Mirv...tell them about the way people quit from servers when they start loosing or restart the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Mirv...tell them of the way people refuse to play any map but q3dm17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i got him to play a different level once..
    but i think it was cause he beat me good on "his level" and know he'd prolly do same to me on any level...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

tell them about the joys of 0wnage mirv redface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

shinji do u know of anyone who has gotten isdn adn snl to work? on their ta like..

P

Ro - not offhand. I've dialled out with a modem through the thing and connected perfectly happily, and Esat were happy to register an SNL account for the number. Now, the two haven't been wed yet, but I'll let you all know how it goes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Lads,

I posted about this about a month or so ago. I got this working perfectly. Its a threat, nice clean connects and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Just thought I would post to let yez all know I am now officially a FullTime LPB again, which is fukkin great news as far as I'm concerned, and also posted because I though youse might find it more interesting than that little twat whinging about pings.

Zero.

Token Smiley --> smile.gif

Advertisement