Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem With homepage.

Options
  • 21-01-2004 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could help me here, my homepage has suddenly changed to http://www.websearch.net I tried to get rid of it first just by changing it back to my redular homepage. that worked fine until i logged off the net and went back on a while later and it was back. so then i tried deleting all my temp internet files, which did nothing.
    this site just appears in my internet options menu as about:blank, what i want to know is is this some sort of a virus or what because i cant find any way of getting rid of it and theres no trace of it on my computer.
    the site has no contact addresses or anything and seems a bit dodgy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

google two programs called

spybot

ad-aware

download them both and run them

it will get rid of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Do the above plus do the free online scanner here
    Also check your msconfig on startup for suspect processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

look for a prog called hijack this ! too, seems to pick up on some browser hijacks that adaware or spybot s&d might not, is there an 'svchost - network services' running in your processes, you'll probably have to do some dicking around with that, quite stubborn
    google up on it
    then use a browser other than internet explorer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try changing from IE to mozilla etc. too.
    Have a look at the stickies for links to progs.

Advertisement