Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jordan Test Times

• 21-01-2004 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Schumacher Williams (M) 1:15.63
    Montoya Williams (M) 1:15.68
    Alonso Renault (M) 1:15.73
    Barrichello Ferrari (B) 1:16.01
    Button BAR (M) 1:16.55
    Badoer Ferrari (B) 1:17.03
    Rosberg Williams (M) 1:17.45
    Massa Sauber (B) 1:17.52
    De Matta Toyota (M) 1:17.69
    Trulli Renault (M) 1:17.77
    Zonta Toyota (M) 1:17.89
    Klien Jaguar (M) 1:18.06
    Sato BAR (M) 1:18.51

Leinders Jordan Ford (B) 1:21.64

A good 6 seconds behind the williams and 3 behind the BAR, I know he only had a short run and inst experienced but its not a great sign is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

jordans days in formula 1 are numbered sadly in my opinion, even minardi or jaguar are bigger than us now, we dont even have 2 confirmed driversa for this season which is starting in just over 2 months, so not good at all.I dont see why he doesnt get damien faulkner or any decent irish driver and give them a chance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by galwaydude
    I dont see why he doesnt get damien faulkner or any decent irish driver and give them a chance.
    Money.

In fairness to Leinders, he didn't get too many laps in on account of going off on cold tyres in the coldest conditions, thus tearing a corner off the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

meh. it's a sad time for jordan. a bit of money would be nice for the team... and a decent engine, and some new stuff to develop a proper aero package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yeah, Today was due to a crash, dso what explains yesterdays 4 second deficit?! Ugh! Its still the EJ13 tho, maybe the EJ14 will be ok..... Who am I kidding?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Well, if u think back to 1998 when the jordan team were then at their all time low. The car was slow, heavy, undriveable and lacked downforce. The team weren't that well off either. They only scored their first point i think it was may 12 races into the season. Next one or two races was spa francorchamps (if that's how u spell it). That was a one two with a bit of luck, but right after that came a seriously good car, and the ninety nine season... need i say more. They'll get their act together eventually...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by cuan
    Well, if u think back to 1998 when the jordan team were then at their all time low. The car was slow, heavy, undriveable and lacked downforce. The team weren't that well off either. They only scored their first point i think it was may 12 races into the season. Next one or two races was spa francorchamps (if that's how u spell it). That was a one two with a bit of luck, but right after that came a seriously good car, and the ninety nine season... need i say more. They'll get their act together eventually...

I hope to christ you're right! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by Einstürzende

Ditto :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by Einstürzende

He's certainly optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

A wee bit better today, but the Michelin's are the way forward

Button BAR (M) 1:14.59
    Schumacher Ferrari (B) 1:15.41
    Alonso Renault (M) 1:15.54
    Badoer Ferrari (B) 1:15.76
    Gene Williams (M) 1:15.82
    Montoya Williams (M) 1:16.24
    Panis BAR (M) 1:16.50
    Fisichella Sauber (B) 1:16.52
    Sato BAR (M) 1:16.56
    Webber Jaguar (M) 1:17.14
    Montagny Renault (M) 1:17.45

Heidfeld Jordan Ford (B) 1:17.51

Klien Jaguar (M) 1:18.00
    Briscoe Toyota (M) 1:18.10

Glock Jordan Ford (B) 1:18.21

Safe to say Button would nay have gone that fast had BAR still been using the Bridgies. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement