Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up a quakeworld server?

Options
  • 22-04-2000 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

How do u set up a quakeworld server?, it's not for the internet just on my own computer so i can run around the levels etc, and check certain stuff smile.gif

i have qwsv and priority but i can't get it to work frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

all ya do is load up the server, and if its on port xxxxx, in the console type /connect localhost:xxxxx, u can leave out the numbers if its 27500 smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

make sure nothing else is using the port that you specify.
    cheapo or qizmo sittin in the background or something for example

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Thnks i got the server running, but few more questions, how do i change the level?, and i'm only pinging to myself at 54 is that right? u's lpbs have so much of an advantage at 54 ping it's unreal smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Your ping will be at 54 unless your connected to a machine running NT or Linux or something.

Unless your using the priorty patch you will get huge packet loss and it will fell very slugish so make sure you have it.

i'm using the priority thingy, it's fast i just thought 54 ping to myself was pretty ****, i just had a game against my friend over the net on my own server, i had 54 ping and he had 300 ping and 10pl smile.gif. if i had 54 ping over the net it would be so kick ass.

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 22-04-2000).]

• Advertisement

in the server console type:
    rcon password mypassword

and then in the game type that as well and then you can issue server commands just using:

rcon command

actually it might be r_con .. its been a while smile.gif

Thnks Kali, can anyone recommend the best bots i can use in quakeworld?, cause i don't think that with my 56k connection i'll be able to get anymore than 1 person in the game without having a 500+ ping smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Use Frogbots. They're always useful for a good workout, and they don't hang around the same area on DM3 like Reaperbots do.

As for yer 54 ping, believe me, a 60 ping on-line feels a whole lot different.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

What are these server files one needs so?

All of em ...

And this means you can Have a CA server runnin on PC with bots?

You can but CA with bots is pretty crap frown.gif, and it's hard to get the stupid bots working in quakeworld, i still haven't got them working yet frown.gif

• Advertisement

use those dodgy qwphysics/qwaim commands that make you jump ridiculous distances,
    and then when you go to qw you cant do any of them smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

am the frogbots in qw only refresh at 17.5 fps , some gay thing mentioned in the readme , qw dosnt really like bots , it thinks ur cheating most of the time

Advertisement