Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Common Defence & Foriegn Policy

Options
  • 21-01-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

EU Common Defence & Foriegn Policy

I think that it is a non starter with the new Eastern European Countries coming in.

It won't be agreed upon.

I don't think that it desirable or necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Any common defence and/or foreign policy is likely to be heavily watered down, however it’s naive to think that it would be a non starter. All of the EU states will tend to broadly agree on certain points of foreign policy (humanitarian issues, UN involvement in Iraq and policy towards Israel, for example) even if they won’t agree on more divisive issues.

Also with any common defence policy, even the most ardent new Puerto Rican’s, such as the UK and Poland, would like to leave their options open and not put all their eggs in the NATO basket.

Anyhow Cork, what brought up this rant then? Midweek troll, or something of interest happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jwim1

I agree it would be naive to suggest that it won't happen. A 60,000 man rapid reaction force, by any other name...

Whatever happened to the RRF anyway???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

its still there.....

Advertisement