Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of IPod USB cables in O2

• 21-01-2004 8:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last week I bought two Ipod USB cables in o2 Grafton St for 35 euro each. I was so glad to get them I did not really pay too much attention to the price although somewhere in the back of my mind there was a bell ringing so later I checked the price on the net in the Apple Store (Irish site) and discovered they were 19 euro each (add in p&P) and prob cost 26 euro.

To cut a long story short after being treated with contempt when I queried the price in the O2 store in Henry street and referred to O2's customer care who incidentally dont deal with the retail stores I managed to get contact with a nice lady in O2's retail headquarters who rang me several times and eventually told me that after making inquiries O2 would be reducing the price to 30 euros the same price as Compustore were charging. Nice to see some competition! Theres a small camera store halfway up Grafton st who have started doing apple stuff and they tell me that they charge 25 euro for the cables when they can get them.

The lady from o2 has offered me a refund of10 euro.

I should say that in all fairness in spite of my bad experience this time in O2 in Henry street that a girl there was extremely helful to me before Christmas in tracking down an IPod and really went above and beyond the call of duty

But if 35 euro is not a rip off for this cable what is? and what about a refund for all the people who paid 35 euro.

Should also mention that I rang Apple HQ in cork to see if they have a recommended price for cables and so on was put on to a managers voice mail but he did not have the courtesy to ring back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The same cable in the US is only $19, just a nose under €15, postage is included in that even.

You were right to complain, the only thing is that prehaps you should have took a look online before you went out to the shops looking so you'd know what was a reasonable price to pay. You'd especially want to do this when buying electronic stuff considering the huge disparity in prices you can get.

Advertisement