Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phones: it's a love-hate relationship!

• 21-01-2004 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

cellphonegraph.jpg

"Nearly one in three adults say the cell phone is the invention they most hate but cannot live without... narrowly beating the alarm clock" more info...

i use my mobile phone as my alarm clock, wonder how they would factor that into their stats :P

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

i used to use my nokia phone as an alarm clock, until the snooze drove me nuts as it buzzed again after 6 minutes rather than the 9 that my alarm clock-radio does now. that extra 3 minutes is really important when you want to sleep in!

i've carried a mobile phone almost continuously for the last 8 years. very frightening ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Ever get that feeling when you leave the house that you've forgotten something, and it's only when you’re on the bus (or somewhere else inconvenient) that you remember what it is?

If it's my keys etc... I'm not that worried. My wallet and it's cause for concern.
    My phone, and it's panic stations :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

My own mobile phone doesn't bother me, it keeps me in the "loop" and does it fairly snazzily.

Its OTHER people's phones that bother me.. The Nokia SMS sound at max volume in a quiet bus at 11 at night when I'm half asleep, for example..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the alarm on my nokia can't wake me up at all it's a pittiful alarm i need my ipod wake me up to my favourite music :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

definately a love-hate thing. I've had a mobile since about the age of 16 (back in the days of the 088 motorola brick). Like most people, if I leave the house without it I feel incomplete somehow but at the same time every time it rings I hate the thought of answering it because I know it'll probably be someone that I dont want to talk to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement