Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 problems

Options
  • 29-04-2000 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I have 2 problems with Quake3 i was wondering would anyone be able to help me:

1. When i start up my computer the first time that i try to load up Quake3 it says it has done an illegal opperation and i have to close it. Then when i click on the exe again it starts up no problem. (I also noticed this is happening in Quake2 aswell)

2. If i get dissconnected from Esat and recoonect to Esat and try to get back on the server it just keeps saying "Awaiting Challange" and counts on (the longest i waited wait till it counted to 60).

The first problem i aint to worried about but the second problem is really pis$in me off as i get dissconnectd from Esat ALOT and i need to restart to connect to the server.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I think the second problem is something to do with the CD-Key feature of Quake3. Because when you connect to a server it authenticates with the quake3 master server and verifies your CD-Key and all that ****. Now because your game prematurely ends, it never gets a chance to tell the master server to remove your CD-Key from its active list and when you try and reconnect it thinks that you are a different player trying to use someone elses CD-Key(Quake 3 only allows one user per CD-Key). Eventually your CD-Key becomes available again (timeout on the master server maybe I'm not sure) and you can once again reconnect.
    Hope this helps

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

ah thanks that explains it so ill have to wait till me ghost pings out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I dunno bout that - I have an original copy (cracked for convenience) but a friend of mine used a cracked copy of my original (same CD Key) and we can both connect at the same time to vishnu (haven't tried other servers). Could be just vishnu tho.

U & me baby ain't nothin but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel...
    clanludo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I've heard shadey stories about vishnu wink.gif

Say no more till you hear nothing :)

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

It cant be the cd-key. I get dissconected quite alot and have often rejoined with my ghost still in the game. However, sometimes when i click mulitiplayer it can't find any servers "no responce form master server" and if i try and join vishnu it'll just go awaiting challange, same prob u get. All u have to do is quit and reload q3, till it can find servers, then u can connect to vishnu no probs.

narf
    clanludo

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 30-04-2000).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement