Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cash tills obscured

• 22-01-2004 1:34am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed how many newspaper/sweet shops have their tills obscured by chewinggum racks so that you canot see what you are being charged?

In some shops the till is actually behind the counter so that it cannot be seen at all.

In a lot of these shops good are still not priced so people come in grab the stuff pay and take the change without any thought.

I have complained several times in these shops to no avail. the people who work there simply say its nothing to do with them. I make a point of not buying anything in these shops unless I really have to.

Particular offenders in this case are the chain around town called the 'No 1 shop' a prime example being their shop in Grafton street.

I once asked one of their managers what did it say about a shop who did not price a thing did now allow a customer to see what they were being charged and did not automatically give a reciept and he told me to leave the premises!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Surly u can complain to the same fellows who u can complain to for not having the price(and weight on products ). Im sorry but i cant think of who the people are. I live in a town that all its shops have these things in view. But this town is serounded by villages near it and it is very comon for the shop/s in these villages to have no thing/only 1 thing and its behind the counter so only the person working there can see it.

Advertisement