Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ3CL Returns.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ping biatches smile.gif rofl

i agree with what vagga said above , look if there is enough interest and enough clans the the hpb 2nd division and the lpb first are a good idea , but if there are not enough clans or interest go with the one league no lpb restriction , thats my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Na its not easy getting lpbs, ul isnt great either, when u got 4 ppl on the same server it sucks ass. Doesnt suck as much as a modem but it sucks:]

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ya its the gay ass inex connection overloaded ta fuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i just read the weapon camping bit, this is exactly the sort of tactic that people learn when playing on the internet in quake1 which doesnt work on lan, a team camping the weapons gets totally destroyed by any decent team on lan using shotgun and armour, and also you dont "camp" armour, you run it, if you sit on the armour (a lot of people consider this "good teamplay" for some reason) on a lan you will easily get rooted out, you have to nick the armour and then go back and attack the enemy before they tool up and come for you

you do have to hold areas (eg. quad and red armour on dm3), but holding areas doesnt mean you sit there the whole time, if you do two enemy will come and take you out easily.. you have to attack the enemy before they "group" together and attack you at your position, harass the **** out of them so they never really get 2 people ready to attack you

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Just horse all the teams into one league and beat the cr@p out of each other, no restrictions.

What is promode?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Originally posted by Koopa:
    pro-mode is still in beta, wait until the full version is released before considering it

eh...I've only played q3 for about 2 mins so what is beta then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

MArcus,
    beta is nothing to do with quake3, a beta version of the mod has only been released
    so it is released for testing and probably contains a few bugs.. and also the final release will prolly be slighly different from the beta..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

I think there should be no LPB restriction. And yes, that is a completely biased opinion.

Token Sh1t-stirring --> Modemers are women.

Zero.

http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sure , no lpb restriction.

Gotta give those se7en lads SOME sort of outside chance of winning eh?

(Counter **** stir)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

pro-mode is still in beta, wait until the full version is released before considering it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

jo, copying UK leagues is a good idea, but they have much cheaper connections and phone calls are soo cheap there, when the leagues all first started it was 2 hpbs 2 lpbs...only in the last years when things have got so much cheaper everyone has isdn/cable/adsl, modem costs too much in UK...

also, check out the Eurocup league, is the most popular and respected leaguee in europe.
    Alot of other euopean countries copy this.#

pro-mode? dunno, use what the others use, if Ireland use pro-mode, i doubt the rest of Europe will follow...

gl with new league, doubt u will see me playing tho, unless somethink faster and cheaper comes along.

pld

Advertisement