Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yoda Vs Emperor

• 22-01-2004 3:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well?

Yoda can resist lightning but could he resist the lightning of the emperor?
    Also we havent seen the emperor in a saber battle we will in episode 3 but thats not till 2005

Who? 24 votes

Yoda
    0% 0 votes
    Emperor
    100% 24 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Yoda defeats Palpatine in the comic series Infinities: A New Hope. It's an alternate universe tale that takes place when Luke decides NOT to use the force, but the guidance systems on his X-Wing and fails to destroy the Death Star. I can write up a summary of the series or how Yoda defeats Palpatine if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Just as luke didn't think he could lift his X-wing out of the swamps, Yoda showed him that it wasn't relative to power, but to the understanding of the force. Thus it didn't matter if he was lifting a rock or a space ship, it would be the same situation.

For that reason, the fact that Yoda could resist lightning at all means it doesn't matter how much or how powerful the lightning is, he could resist it.

Considering that palpatines main powers were to make people turn to the dark side and his little flash tricks like the lightning, they wouldn't have much if any, effect on yoda. So chances are it would come down to a saber fight again which with both using the force, but also having skill, yoda would come out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Warning Episode 3!
    The emperor is extremely skilled with the saber...... look forward to episode 3

A few years ago i got detailed plots for episode 2,3,7

Originally posted by User45701
    A few years ago i got detailed plots for episode 2,3,7

Unless Lucas has been lying for years, the above is complete bull, because he's always maintained that he's never written more than sketchy ideas for episode 7, and that he NEVER intends to make another Star Wars trilogy. In fact he only writes detailed scripts just before he starts filming each episode.

Well then some guy made up fake deatiled plots and then posted them on some site. i ghope thats not true epsiode 3 looks godlike and easley the best of the 6 from what i read of it.

7 just sounded like a cash in (like if they made another matrix, it would be 4 money)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

correct me if im wrong but isnt the emperor THE unbalance in the force.
    He is more powerfull than yoda. Now lighsabering isnt just about the force, but it helps.

Vader could resist enery weapons (Hans blaster) but that didnt save him from the emperors lightning. Im not saying the emperors lightning was the sole cause of his death, but it did hurt him big time. Also yoda went into hiding from the emperor.

I'll cast my vote for the emperor but then I always do back the dark side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Well?

Yoda can resist lightning but could he resist the lightning of the emperor?
    Also we havent seen the emperor in a saber battle we will in episode 3 but thats not till 2005

Why does that sound so familiar to me....

With a name like that i would assume you would back the dark side - for good reasons too.

We all know that the dark side is more powerfull and that in the end a Sith lord will rule the galaxy for 1000`s of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Creon

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think yoda went into hiding not only to escape the emperor but also to wait and to find a 'new hope' for the light side so that he could then train this 'new hope' and this'new hope' could then shift the balance in the war to the light side.

In battle between yoda and the emperor, i think we best wait and see the emperor in action(i live in hope) in episode III to cast definate judgement, in the meantime yoda's got my vote

Originally posted by Creon
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i think yoda went into hiding not only to escape the emperor but also to wait and to find a 'new hope' for the light side so that he could then train this 'new hope' and this'new hope' could then shift the balance in the war to the light side.

In battle between yoda and the emperor, i think we best wait and see the emperor in action(i live in hope) in episode III to cast definate judgement, in the meantime yoda's got my vote

I'll answer with:
    Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles in the "Best Swordsman" thread
    He's one powerful man, they're (Emporer and Vader) 2 powerful men. They also have an entire army behind them. Lets look at that again. 1 v. Millions. Yes, I see that Yoda has a fantastic chance on his own against that.

Yoda trusted the force to bring some one better suited to defeating the Emporer and Vader in its own time, and though he could have joined the rebellion, he knew that that wasn't his path, his was only to tutor and guide, not to kill.

To reiterate, Yoda knew the force would bring about Vader and the Emporers downfall with the right person in the right circumstances, and that he wasn't the one to do it. He also knew that the point of it all wasn't for the Light side to be winning, but to be in balance with the Dark side.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Creon

All you have to do it wait, ive been waiting to see him fight for a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Although I like yoda, the emperor WILL win. There is no doubt in my mind.

He will win because he is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Emperor will win since yoda would have taken him out earlier if he could. but it's not just state of mind that determines your force strength as all things have metticlorines in them to move stuff depends on your own affinity to mnipulate the force but absorbing lightning would depend on the density of metticlorines you posses so he might not be able to absorb the lightning from the emperor

Originally posted by joshcork
    but absorbing lightning would depend on the density of metticlorines you posses so he might not be able to absorb the lightning from the emperor

Where did you pick up this factoid then?

Myself I would have said that the ability to absorb force lightning would be the same as the ability to move stuff with the force. Knowing what to do, and believing in yourself and your affinity with the force. "Size matters not" after all. Strength in the force is a deceptive term methinks. Let me explain.

In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda shows that he can move just about anything because he knows what to do, and he believes in himself and the force. He can lift peebles or ships, Luke eventually learns that he to can do this, and that it isn't even that hard. Corran Horn however is a very strong Jedi also, but he can barely move a peeble at the best of times, and when the Jedi Academy students use their powers to throw a Super Star Destroyer billions of miles through space to protect themselves, it takes the sacrifice of one of the students to be able to do it (can't remember the dude's name, sorry). Anyway, my point is that strength in the force isn't a very clearly explained thing, and that it's quite possible that someone buggered it up, and that no one really cares, and we'll all just have to live with Mr. Lucas's idiocy in introducing midichlorians and overall strenght rather than variety strenght in the first place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yoda small.... small but cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Mick L

I agree that the whole midichlorians thing was a disaster. It would have been MUCH better if the level of characters strength in the force was left unexplained, its one of those things that needs to remain mysterious in order to keep its appeal.

Between Yoda and the Emporer, I think it would be a very close battle but I'd have to put my money on the Emporer. Firstly, in the battle between Dooku and Yoda there wasn't a clear victor, neither of them had a clear advantage over the other. I think its fair to say that the Emporer is more powerful than Dooku so Yoda would have an even harder time against the Emporer. Also we've seen (read about) the power the emporer has (controlling/guiding the minds of the Imperial navy during battles, being so strong in the force as to leave a patch of dark side presence floating in space where he died, hiding the presence of a super star destroyer being built on Coruscant, etc). These cannot be called little flash tricks and just ignored. Also, everything in the timeline, both in the films and books makes more sense if the emporer was too powerful for yoda to defeat by himself, hence the buildup of armies on both sides and the rebellion. Otherwise the question would be lingering, why didn't Yoda just kill him earlier?
    Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    the Jedi Academy students use their powers to throw a Super Star Destroyer billions of miles through space to protect themselves, it takes the sacrifice of one of the students to be able to do it (can't remember the dude's name, sorry
    Dorsk 81

The Emporer is stronger than Yoda in the force, by a MASSIVE amount, but, then again, this is really not all that suprising at all. It all has to do with how the agents of the two differant halves of the force work. The light side teaches harmony and good will and the users have a "the more, the merrier" attitude. The Dark side preaches that strength is all and "always there are 2, a master and an apprentice."

It wasn't always that way for the Dark Side of course. Thousands of years before the films took place, back during the times of the Sith War, there were numerous Dark Side users, same as Light side. HOWEVER, its stated quite clearly on a number of occasions, that the more people drawing from the well of the force, the less each person can draw. The force isn't infinintly strong, either Light or Dark side. So because there were only a few followers of the Dark side in the entire Universe, the few that existed could draw as much as their strength would allow, where as the Light side followers were becoming swamped, and even Yoda remarks that they are growing weaker.

But that doesn't mean he'd win in a fight. He's vain, egotistical and loves to gloat. He tries his hardest to turn any potential ally and loves to drag out victories if it means inflicting extra pain on anyone at all, either mental or physical. This gives oppenents loads of oppurtunities to kill him, and seems to be what leads to the fall of Sith Lords a lot of the time.

It takes more that raw strength to win a fight of any kind after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well then some guy made up fake deatiled plots and then posted them on some site.
    nah, that kind of thing never happens on the internet.

heh, i remember the matrix reloaded script i read soon after watching the matrix, extremely well written but complete bs.

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    It wasn't always that way for the Dark Side of course. Thousands of years before the films took place, back during the times of the Sith War, there were numerous Dark Side users, same as Light side. HOWEVER, its stated quite clearly on a number of occasions, that the more people drawing from the well of the force, the less each person can draw. The force isn't infinintly strong, either Light or Dark side. So because there were only a few followers of the Dark side in the entire Universe, the few that existed could draw as much as their strength would allow, where as the Light side followers were becoming swamped, and even Yoda remarks that they are growing weaker.

Yes i see that would make allot of sence. I Like the chaeractor Darth Reven From SW KOTOR. I love his dark coak i also love the cloak that anubis wears in SG1.
    I need to get myself one of them!

The Emperor is a great charactor, depending on who the actor is and how good they are the emperor could be the best "evil guy in cloack"

• Advertisement

Does ne1 know if there is a saber fight between yoda and The Emperor in Episode 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Nybras

Emperor

Check out the link above.

This could be very exciting news if it is done well.... :p

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie121004.php

Advertisement