Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Its a real ***** to see a clan like 7 beaten on ping difference.

I think the only real way we will get a fair ping against UK clans is if we go to on of their LANs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Oh the humanity!
    Oh the pain of it all.
    G.

Daddy or chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Its a bit of a sickner allright. I believe we have a chance to compete and probably beat most of the teams in our BW group. Ive watched all the demos from all our opposition and I can honestly say we could do it.

Imagine all our team on sweet 50- pings to Irish servers (sweet) and then you step over the blue sees to the uk and everyone is on 250 pings.. its unplayable when your up against lads with 30 or less pings.

I think its a disgrace to see the Irish telecos getting away with blue murder.

No use b1tching about it, were still gonna give em hell and if not, we'll slag them to death first :0

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Out of intrest what isps are 7 using to get 250 pings to barrysworld?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Recently, weve been trying Buy and Sell cos it gets the lowest pings. I know I could dial BW directly but thats expensive and the whole team cant afford to do that.

Technically speaking we should get really good connections to the uk with isdn, but there u go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

use oceanfree to barrysworld, if u haven't noticed, eircom is completely woefull atm, and anyways, oceanfree give me better pings to the uk than the uk lads get smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

"Their pings to Barrysworld are another matter. Normally they`re on sub 50 pings but due to the Irish phone network and the state it`s in only one of them managed a sub 250 ping to the BW servers"

Only a few months ago DzR were thrown out of division one of the bwutctfl because "of the state of the irish phone network". The funny thing is theres nothing wrong with the irish phone network, if you pick the right isp for the server your playing on. Nog is right we get better pings than the uk players to bw on ocean and we proceded to rape all the other clans in the group we were demoted to.

Now were playing in division one by winning our group and were still getting better connections than most of the other uk players. But becasue of this prejudice we had to suffer playing a season in a lower division.

I just hate to see it happening all over again after we proved them wrong about irish clans doing badly becasue of their "phone network". Thats not to say the 7 players are not having trouble, give oceanfree a go next game you have you'll be pleasantly suprised. Future Irish clans will only suffer if we continute to get bad connections to the uk. They told us irish clans suck in the uk because of their connections and we werent good enough for division one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Big L

I suppose ingoring the fact Se7en lost by a massive scoreline.... 250-50 or something. And then MindPhuck mentioned how he noticed they were using RA room tactics that are common knowledge to just about every ****ing European clan.... i've played in the UK with perfectly playable pings for months now... you're over reacting because you lost by such a huge margain, imho a lot more of your loosing was due to bad teamplay and tactics then it was to pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Not really krash, I knew their tactics befre the game and we planned for it. But it is difficult to combat it when iven if u do takae an area, which we did a couple of times, all they have to do is run in and riddle us with machine gun bullets while we can hit squat cos of a 250 ping. the machine gun is very powerful if used right on a 30 ping

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

In fairness, the holding of RA and running to quad is fairly stadard tactics at this stage.

PS did it in the final. Until near the end when I got bored and started running around.

• Advertisement

No Pres what u have to realise is this ... that sat on it and didm't move
    they never peaked their heads out. Plenty of times I would run in, take a few shots at one of them, they were always in the same spot, not moving an inch, and they would never follow me out. Once I ran in with a plasma, and nearly killed a guy before he even moved from the spot to shoot me. Damn funny. But with 3-4 LPBs sittin in there watchin all the exits with railguns it was impossible to make any serious attack. Like fair play to them. They used their ping advantage to their benefit, but it made for an extremely boring game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Big L

You have to plan for loosing the RA room. If they sit in the RA room twiddling their thumbs and waiting for Quad you can't wander in one by one and get picked off.
    Look on the RA room as the Primary Position on the map, and the RL Bridge as the Secondary position. When you loose the primary position all four of your team mates should regroup at the RL , retool and attack all at the same time and not wander in and take a few shots like you mentioned or just play the waiting game with them - it depends on whether you're playing a defensive or offensive game. If you think you can knock them off the RA then you should, if you think you can only hold them off hold the RL (the case with 4 30 ping sluts) room and pick them off as they come in with railguns and plasma cannons (RG's are close range aren't the best, and plasma at ok medium range but no match for 4 tooled RL's in close quaters). Once you hold the RL room with 4 players you can all go to the RA room as a team or the Quad as a team... Those tactics may add a slight element of boredom, but if you want to win you'll use em... XL certainly made it a boring game for you because you must of been in ffa mode... im sure they didnt have a boring game... they got 250+ frags to your 50 over 2 rounds. I hope you learn from it and stuff them next time round.

Obviously u've never heard of psychological warfare:P

Advertisement