Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Question

Options
  • 22-01-2004 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I notice that when I make a payment in UK£ Paypal bills my credit card in Euros. The thing is that Paypal's exchange rate seems to be a few percent worse that the rate that the credit card companies use. This can amount to about a €3 difference on a €100 transaction.

I know that Paypal sucks and all that but it is the only option available for this kind of purchase so does any one know if it is possible to get Paypal to bill your credit card in UK£ rather than in Euros?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

That's a good idea, using credit card to do the conversion.

I remember when setting up PayPal account you get to choose what currency to use.
    I think you can change it in your profile -> Financial Information -> Currency Balances
    . Not sure how to use it tho.

If you find out more info would you share it?

Thanks

Advertisement