Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. Minidisc compatability

• 22-01-2004 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

2 quick questions if anyone happens to know.

If a Minidisc player (Sony’s MZ-NF610) is purchased from the U.S. is there a problem with 220 volt and the rechargeable battery ?

Are FM radio bands the same here as in the U.S. ?

Sorry if these are dumb questions and thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

You would need to buy a voltage adapter to charge the player, the cost about €40. The radio freq. are different over there they go up in .5 where we go up in .05 so i definitly wouldn't go for it as the radio would be fairly useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by center15
    You would need to buy a voltage adapter to charge the player, the cost about €40.

Not always the case - a lot of portable consumer devices come with dual voltage supplies. If this was the case, all you would need is a plug convertor, not a power convertor. Would be worth checking into before purchase.

The radio freq. are different over there they go up in .5 where we go up in .05 so i definitly wouldn't go for it as the radio would be fairly useless.

What do you mean? The FM radio frequencies are the exact same. The band is from 88Mhz to around 107Mhz, just like in Ireland, so the radio would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

no the radio wouldn't be fine, i got a radio from america and it would only pick up 1 station that was 106.00 i think for example a radio station here would be 92.2, american radio's go up like 90.0, 90.5, 91.0, 91.5, so i can only pick up the .0 or the .5's

Advertisement