Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had their IOL Broadband relocated? How long did it take?

• 22-01-2004 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I moved apartments from Donnybrook to Blackrock at the beginning of November. I got the relevant forms from IOL, and sent them in. I was told it'd take about 12 days to complete, so adding in postage and a bit of a delay I left it till nearly the end of November before contacting them again, as I still had no broadband in my new place.

I contacted them again in December, and was told that I could fax the form in. I did this, called back a week later and was told that I had to send it in, as a faxed form wasn't permitted. I sent it back in, and they didn't get it till the 23rd of December.

I've now called them 5 times since the beginning of the year, been told by 3 different people that they'd call me back (and they didn't), been told that I should have my connection sorted in a day or so, and now the latest guy tells me that it usually takes 3 - 4 weeks to be completed. The guy I spoke to today said that he'd call me back, but I'm doubtful due to my previous experience.

I'm giving them one last chance. If this guy doesn't call me back, I'm going to speak to a supervisor and tell them that I'm not paying them, and that they can shove their contract (they're the ones breaking it at the moment) or that they can refund me for 3 months internet non-usage and sort me out by the weekend.

Anybody else had experiences like this, be the successful or not? How long did it take to get your broadband relocated?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by SuprSi
    ...tell them that I'm not paying them...

Unless they take is by direct debit/credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

they must have the most backwards system in the world....

i was signed up to IOL Anytime.. so they diddnt even have to deal with enabling lines or anything.. just change the phone number on the account to allow us dial in..

we moved house in august... send about 7 email to them, made about 10-15 phone calls nothing "our system is having problems with relocation proccessing" every bloody time we rang, they said "yes, we recieved your relocation form, but it has not yet been proccessed" this went on till last month.. 5 months!!!!! and we got charged for 5 months too, we had to make a load of **** in the phone and throught email's just to get our money back.. and then we just cancelled... muppets!

later
    Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

What was their instrument of repayment?
    eg. cheque, credit transfer, chargeback

Originally posted by raster
    What was their instrument of repayment?
    eg. cheque, credit transfer, chargeback

believe it or not.... were still waiting....
    first they said they would send a cheque... never happened, rang again and again
    and was told they would credit the credit card..still never happened. they are Gangsters!!! for customer service i give them a great fat ZERO!!

later
    Macker

I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!

you'd say im lying if i told ya.. but i'll tell ya anyway..

after cancelling IOL anytime 2 months ago, and still waiting for my refund.. guess what?

yep they charged me for abother 2 months today!!!
    they are braindead!! absolute muppets!!
    i have had no access since july or august... how can they justify this?

later
    Macker

• Advertisement
Advertisement