Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€130 to drop ISDN?

Options
  • 22-01-2004 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

After receiving a whopper of a phone bill ( which was no surprise, as I use 56k a lot while waiting for dsl ), I thought something was fishy, so I saw in the "order activity" section of my bill, that I had been charged €130 for the privilege of dropping my isdn line in december.
    I was told at the time by the eircom person on the phone that there would be no charge for dropping the isdn.
    Has anyone else come across this, and what can I do to get them to drop the charge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

That should be €25 charegeable either

1. For the drop itself with free upgrade FROM pots if you then fail the test or
    2. Free downgrade but €25 for the upgrade back to ISDN if you fail the test.

I can never remember which ....save that it is €25 not €130

see This and plenty more in the BB forum on the subject.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Gerry

Cheers Muck. I wasn't going for dsl at the time, only going for it now. I think any charge for removal is disgraceful, they already charged 99 to put the isdn in, then horrifying line rental, and then 130 to flip a switch. I'm going to hassle them like ozmo did till I get it down to 25 at least. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's €25 to get the POTS line reconnected. I got ISDN taken out at home recently and was quoted that by 1901. If there is a bill for €130 for removal of the ISDN, I'll be in the queue for complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Tell them to disconnect your line, then ring and ask for a normal POTS line - should be just the reconnect fee

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

They try this trick on everyone..
    Give them hell, I did, I rightly got my money back!

€25 + €105 equals another eircom scam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Complain, this happened to me. I was told 25 and there was a charge for 130 in the next bill. Needless to say I stuck in them. This is the charge for a new line.

Its the sales guys trying to make a quick buck on commission, they get nothing for a downgrade but do for a new line.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Pay the 130 Euro.... it will mean more money for the shareholders when they sell their stakes when they go public again.
    Mary o'Rourke still has a lot to answer for.

Advertisement