Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creating 3d image from 2d image?

Options
  • 22-01-2004 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi -
    ive got a logo (which is basically a rough sketch of a person with thier hands in the air). The end result I want is to create a MC in flash to have this logo/person spinning around.

I have used 3D Max and Swift 3d (very briefly) so i know about camera's etc and exporting to swf.

However how do i change the logo from my photoshop logo to this 3d logo so as i can create the above effect (using 3D Max or any other tools you might be aware of)

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daramunnis

You could try a program called Xara3D. It's mainly a 3d text program but I think you can import images too. It exports as animated gif or avi, and you can set all the different setting yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

how do i import an image from photoshop? as xara only seems to import its own wmf emf or x3d ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Basicly you are going to have to rebuild your image in what ever 3d program you use. Unless you want a flat image turning in 3d where you can use aftereffects to do that. But that would look ****e.

Advertisement