Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to get a web page designed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daramunnis2

Firstly sorry for having to re-register after being banned for acting the bollox in another board, but I couldn't stand idly by while my work was being critised. My website at http://www.netsoc.ucd.ie/~daramunn/ , was nearly entirely designed by me. I don't see what Corinthian has against students trying to earn money (dropout I'm going to have to assume, but I think its unfair to assume that any work a student does will be unprofessional and/or "nasty". I have no problem letting people know where I got most the ideas for my site, and I think you will find anyone who helped me are credited on the thanks/links page. The only real bit that was stolen were the links images across the top of the page. they came from a website called boring3d. I also have permission to use them.

Also, from experience with proper design companys and "professional web designers", most of them are crap. Their designs are unoriginal and flawed, there graphics are cheap looking and poor and they overcharge by miles because most people don't know what to expect in terms of cost. (Before you all rant and rave, i know this is a huge generalisation and there are always exceptions). I've seen sooo many people get ripped off by these companies. I've been making websites for about 8 years now, if I can make good ones, why shouldn't I, and why shouldn't charge for the privilage!!!

Corinthian, get a ****in' life (I'm gonna get banned again for that):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daramunnis2

I've also decided to disassociate myself from dxHost.net and am now working for a "legit" company called plugmedia.net . Prices are a bit higher but what the hey...

This isnt a plug by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by daramunnis2
    I don't see what Corinthian has against students trying to earn money
    I’ve nothing against students trying to earn money, only against armatures claiming to be professionals. By all means do your nixers, but that’s what they are - nixers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Eeek. Is it really worth entering the Web Design world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by buddy
    Eeek. Is it really worth entering the Web Design world?

Sure, if you're talented. This forum ain't representative of designers in general. There's very few professionals who post on this forum. Most are people just making up a homepage or doing little nixers because the know some HTML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

On the webhosting side of things...
    Are we not allowed say with what company we are hosted and how good they are?
    I would post in the webhosting forum - but it appears to be closed

Can I request http://www.xrshosting.com to be added to the links sticky as I have found these hosters to be cheap/fast/have excellent uptime&fair people.
    I have told many of my mates and fellow site owners to use them to host and no one has been disapointed!
    They have Cpanel/urchin/PHP/CGI etc..

They arent Irish, but you dont have to have an Irish hosting company to host a .com or a .ie

If this post is in breach of the rules please delete, but if you do a whois search, you will see that I am in no way affiliated with XRShosting, apart from using their service and not being ripped off like I was from other companies..

Cheers,
    Mark Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by commited
    On the webhosting side of things...
    Are we not allowed say with what company we are hosted and how good they are?
    I would post in the webhosting forum - but it appears to be closed
    The principle reason the WH forum is now closed would be related to your question. I suggest you read though some of the past threads from that forum, in particular those that were ultimately locked to understand better why.
    Can I request http://www.xrshosting.com to be added to the links sticky as I have found these hosters to be cheap/fast/have excellent uptime&fair people.
    I’ve added it to the list.

Advertisement