Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Multichannel

Options
  • 29-04-2000 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I recieved a letter from irish multichannel a few days ago, which was advertising their digital cable access but they also aim to compete with eircom in both telephone calls and internet access by offering a much cheaper service. What I wanted to know was, if you could get the internet through your TV cable what type of connection would it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

a fat one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

if you do get a sh!it cool connection make sure you tell me smile.gif got the same letter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

In theory up to 4 mps. In practice about 128kps or 256kps depending on what the company implement.

Whereabouts do you people live? Cos I'm...

...still waiting for cable

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 30-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

You'll be waiting a good few years then smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Well of more interests to the gaming community is the cable through pc access and that ain't out yet. Irish multichannel are saying that they would provide the service very soon (but not yet :/). But also bear in mind that u have to be a cable subcriber with them for at least 9 months up to the time of applying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Rapier

I'm living in the depths and moors of Co.Clare, where 99.9% of human civilisation do not know what the internet is....BUT I've been a horizon multichannel subscriber for >9 months so when you see me tapping you on the shoulder with the railgun with a 20 ping start running cause by the time your "delayed response" hits my shadow...YOU WILL HAVE BEEN RAILED (in the goolies btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

But I live in Dublin! We're susposed to get everything first!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement