Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 release date?

Options
  • 22-01-2004 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

I see on the cdwow site herehttp://www5.cd-wow.com.hk/detail_results_3.php?product_code=7192 that Halo 2 is going to be released on 29 March this year. From what I have read, I think this to be too soon to be likely.

If it is true, it will make a nice birthday present:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well the first Halo was over hyped and wasent great
    Halo 2 is being over shadowed by HL2

I prefeared CnC Rennegade to Halo but made just mabe Halo2 will be better
    As far as i know unreal tourney 2004 has units in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭sparkite

i agree with the last post to some degree.halo was overhyped but was a good game.cant see halo 2 being a success though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by sparkite
    i agree with the last post to some degree.halo was overhyped but was a good game.cant see halo 2 being a success though

true, why would the millions of X-box owners want to continue the Halo experience:rolleyes:

If you don't like the game that's fine but there is no need to run it down. I for one am really looking forward to the release of Halo2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Borzoi
    true, why would the millions of X-box owners want to continue the Halo experience:rolleyes:

If you don't like the game that's fine but there is no need to run it down. I for one am really looking forward to the release of Halo2

I am refering to Halo and Halo 2 on the PC myself. they are popular on the X-box cause there isent a huge ammount of competation ( is Cs on the X-box anygood?)
    On the Pc it is played a decent but but there are so many other games to compete

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When Halo came out, it was a brilliant game. alot of people judge it on the new pc release, and for the pc, it's good but not the unbeatable champion of fps as it is on the consoles. Halo 2 should be brilliant, but Half Life 2 will smack it punk ass down.

COME ON HALF LIFE 2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'm looking forward to it's release myself, hopefully it won't slip to the summer!

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=54209

It seems terribly cool to get a bit of Halo bashing in at the moment....various boards gamers name-dropping as many other "superior" fps games as they can think of and whatnot.

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Alot of people seem to be bashing the Halo pc, which is obviously going to be average compared to other pc fps titles on the pc. The speed of the game probably seems slower mainly because consoles don't have the pin point accuracy or speed of the mouse, so the speed would have to be reduced. But that's just my logic and imo ect ect.

[edit] But I don't want make this into another "why is halo good?" thread.

I personaly can't wait for halo 2, if it keeps the same control system and smoothness it'll be great. I just don't know how their going to pull off the graphics I've seen in it without fps loss (fps loss in a fps games = the lose!) [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

halo's great.

If halo 2 is a bit better i'll be happy :)

Im guesssing that Halo2 will be a good game and people will like it. It will not be considerd a crap game and there will be people who will play it
    But it just wont match the other games out there like CS and the upcommin HL2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Does anybody care if Half Life 2 comes out now. Halo 2 is going to kick its ass anyway. For PC and XBOX. I think Half Life 2 has lost its hype and will not be successful. Halo 2 will definitely bring in the money for Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Originally posted by smiaras
    Would you like some ketchup when you are eating those words? March 29th sounds like the US release fot it so no doubt we will be forced to wait until the start of the summer to enjoy it.

CDWOW only sell PAL games. For a game as big as Halo 2 I would assume that it will be a simultaneous worldwide release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement