Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macromedia Flash/Shockwave

Options
  • 22-01-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

It works in Opera but it doesn't in IE. I can't see the flash and I can't install. Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

???Have you downloaded the installation file from macromedia's website. Usually the installer sees IE and will then install to its plugins folder..... If that doesn't work get the plugin from Operas plugin folder and move it to IEs one. Reboot and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by CivilServant
    It works in Opera but it doesn't in IE. I can't see the flash and I can't install. Help!!

Er at little more detail would be good ...

IE comes with flash as default, so what happens when you load a flash site?

If IE recongises a Flash website that uses a newer version of flash it is supposed to prompt you to install a new version. Does this happen?

Did you download and install the Flash installer specifically for Internet Explorer? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Tried moving the plugins npfgc1.dll, npfgc3.dll and npfgc3.dll to the IE plugins folder that didn't work. IE already had the npqtplugin.dlls there which is the same as the opera plugins, so maybe it's just not starting them up properly.

When IE loads a page which shockwave/flash on it. A javascript error appears "Object does not support this property or method, Code 0, macromedia.com"

Anytime I try to install, more javascript errors appear and nothing gets installed.

I downloaded a trial version of adsgone, the ad blocking program that can stop flash/shockwave from appearing. It might of put some ips in the hosts file, similar to kazaalite's ip blocking. Anyone know where the host file is located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I could be wrong about this, but I think the plug-ins for Opera are different than the plug-ins IE uses (Opera is compatable with Netscape plugins AFAIK). You can't copy the dll over and expect IE to run them (i think)

Have you tried going to www.Macromedia.com in IE, downloading the file it tells you too (it automatically detects what browser you are running) and then re-installing the version of Flash specficically for IE -

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=Win32&P3_Browser_Version=MSIE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

When I get to the actual install, a javascript error appears. The same error that appears on any page with flash/shockwave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement