Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness is no More!!!!

Options
  • 22-01-2004 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Witnness is no more , guinness have pulled all sponsorship and now it will be called
    Oxygen or something sponsored by 02.

There you go people, what do you think of that?

Personally i think Witnness had just started to make a name for itself and establish a good brand.

It will still be the same festival though, So i suppsoe the question is do people really care about the name or not.

Answers on a postcard please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well the new name is shít... and there are going to be a hell of a lot of better drinks available. as long as the new sponsers don't chance the standerd of line up there has been i don't think it could go to far wrong.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

maybe we'll get a decent drinks selection now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It is a sad state of affairs when you are going to a festival for the booze and not the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Pretty ****e name, but it's the music that matters, right? :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

according to my dad who works for heineken, there's only gonna be heineken bars at it (heineken, coors light & murphy's stout)........also green energy has been pulled this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

It's all a sham, I tell ya. A complete motherf*cking sham.
    Luce :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

man.. i noticed i hadn't seen anything round for green energy, didn't realise it'd been pulled.... sniff.. the first gig e'er i did go to was a green energy gig.. (wipes nose)
    o well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

COORS LIGHT........woooohooohooo!Never thought Witnness/Oxygen/whatever could get much better but what could be better than great music,great weather and an ice cold pint of coors light.:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I don't give a pox about the name or booze or any crap like that as long as the lineups are good.

If they're not : it's gone to bollocks. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Originally posted by BrianD
    It is a sad state of affairs when you are going to a festival for the booze and not the music.

well you just took the words write outta my mouth Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

oh wow, their naming Ireland biggest festival after that green-bin company...
    Ah to be honest i didnt think much of Witnness when it started (the name that is). Im sure this will grow on us all.

And i wouldnt go to a festival for the booze, but i hate it when you can only get a Heineken.... its horrible anyway, and when its out of a plastic cup, dead and warm its only slightly nicer.

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭beatsie

feck that lads

I for one, wont be purchasing excessive amounts at the bar (rip off).
    Bring a few crates & a cooler to the campsite with ya :)

though coors light on a sunny day is quite a refreshing beverage!

ill bet the people at studenty website oxygen.ie are delighted with all the free advertising as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Originally posted by BrianD

The booze matters more than the name anyway....

3 most important things at a festival - in order

1. music
    2. women
    3. booze

accommodation, weather, location etc....all further down the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

how can women possably have any bearing on how good a festival is... what do you want some sort of check list on the door to make sure there are more women then men or something. i'm going to look around boards now and find something to bitch about because i'm just out of an exam that i know i've failed so i'm pissed off!.... FÚCK THE WORLD...

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I never said I preffered the booze to the music! I go to festivals mainly for the music.

i'm not the kind of person who will bring 30 cans of anything with me, thats why i would like a bigger selection of alcohol because i will only drink a few pints say about 4 over a whole day and don't mind paying a bit rather than carrying aload of cans with me. I'm not a big alcoholperson at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭fitzcarraldo

Sadly Mr Guinness stopped the Sponsership of witnness so it would of been Witness...

The Mr O2 i reckon said "feck it..we can sell phones at it" and rightly took up sponsorship

The Mr Kev Said "feck drinkin poxy Heniken all weekend,im gonna get me a nagon or two of Mr J.D and Be a happy Mr Kev allll weekend" :)

Then on July 13 Mr Kev came home with a new phone and a nasty Hangover :D

The End

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

"oxygen"
    sounds like a load of arse to be honest. as previously mentioned "witnness" had built up a brand, and a high level of respect both here and oversea's.

oh well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Originally posted by butterfly
    man.. i noticed i hadn't seen anything round for green energy, didn't realise it'd been pulled.... sniff.. the first gig e'er i did go to was a green energy gig.. (wipes nose)
    o well

I stand corrected.....it actually IS going ahead this year, but instead of being held in Dublin castle it's going to be on in the courtyard of clancy barracks, near arbour hill prison, close to town, because of the EU thingy thats going on in the castle.......wonder who'll be playing this year......hopefully it's an improvement on last years fiasco....... CRAIG DAAAAAAAAAAAAVID????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

What difference does it make if it is called Witnness or Oxygen? Witnness as a brand was originally created to get around a potential ban of alcohol sponsorship at outdoor events. It was hoped that the relationship between Guinness and Witnness would be understood by the time any ban came into force. Note that alcohol companies can still sponsor events but they can't have overt signage and branding at the event so it becomes an unatractive proposition.

The festival will still put together by MCD so it will still be essentially the same. I would have thought that there would be some news on line ups and ticket prices by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

yeah, but think about the confusion that will be at this years festival.

"toliets? what the hell are toliets? i need some weeness"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I loved that last year! Pure genius! :D
    xm

Advertisement