Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat/iol broadband problem - losing connection

• 22-01-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

esat/iol broadband problem - losing connection - maybe twice a day i loose my connection . How about other esat/iol broadband users. Do yiz have this problem? If you had the problems and fixed it ,How? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm on IOL it happened once about 4 months ago for second, never had any problems apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 robroy

Yes, I seem to get disconnected after BB not used for , say 30 minutes. Getting my email to check for mail frequently seemed to help for a while but I've just had 2 this evening.
    I have a recollection of my ASUS MB having a BIOS update for dropped IP connections, but as I write this is happenned again and it looks much more like a line disconnection, not just a loss of session which I had been assuming. This is probably the first one that I have actually observed, and the modem lights looked like the line was gone, and it took 30 secs or so ....redialing.

See also discussion under thread IOLBB login probs .

Woops! Just found my problem described above. A 2nd PC with a modem tried to send a fax. This line is not filtered so I recon I get my just desserts. Any chance you might be having a similar problem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

i know its not strictly a broadband issue, but the disconnections are also happening on dial up, getting more frequent 2

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by robroy
    Yes, I seem to get disconnected after BB not used for , say 30 minutes...

There is a 30 minute idle disconnect according to the contract.
    To avoid this set your email client to check mail every 25 mins, or more.

[edit: syntax corrected]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Der ist einen 30 minute disconnect, es it stipulated in der kontrackt

yes thats true

But for god sake please dont type like that it would get very annoying very fast

B3for3 long p3opl3 will b3 talking lik3 this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Thanks, but my issue isn't due to "idle disconnect" as i check for email every 5 minutes.

Line filtering, maybe this is it. I have broadband filters on all my telephone lines but i use some "English" phones from Argos that come with adaptors. Maybe these are messing things up. Although disconnections happen between phone calls, they seem to happen for no reason at all.

Any ideas ? Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by shinzon
    i know its not strictly a broadband issue, but the disconnections are also happening on dial up, getting more frequent 2

shin

"strictly"? It's nothing to DO with broadband....completely unrelated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bmm

Any ideas ? Anyone?

Yes, it's quite easy.... _disconnect the phones!!!!_
    See if you get the same problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

disconnect the phones.

You obviously don't have a wife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

obviously...shes a she

• Advertisement
Advertisement