Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do i uninstal outlook express

Options
  • 22-01-2004 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

my outlook express is running very slow taken a good 2 mins to start up, tried uninstalling it from add/remove but it didn't work deleting the folder didn't work either and any discs i have with ie on it will not install outlook express cause it's an older version than that on the pc
    i was alright with it but it's doing my head in now, just checkin e-mail is taking far to long

can anyone help?

jozi

edit: i'm runnig win xp and have norton internet security, just in case it mathers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You cannot uninstall Outlook Express from Windows XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try using Thunderbird instead ;) Or better yet, the Mozilla suite. :)

BTW, as you may have realised, add|Remove for OE only removes the icons from the desktop/start menu etc, not the actual program.

If you really wanna keep using OE (not recommended), look here for removal/reinstall info.

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by ColmOT [MSFT]
    You cannot uninstall Outlook Express from Windows XP.
    So much for the anti-trust court cases..

It an accident waiting to happen - remember the good old .eml vunerability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

tried un-instaling, took ages and for what nothing the program is still loading slow!

busy d/l thunderbird gonna give that ago, if it does the same thing then i'm happy

thanks for the replys

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

if you go to install / re-install internet explorer, and you choose custom... is there not an option there to remove outlook express?

• Advertisement
Advertisement