Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirocm admits to plans to refloat "Shock"

Options
  • 22-01-2004 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

From RTE tonight

Eircom has confirmed, for the first time, that it is considering a flotation on the stockmarket.

In a statement issued this afternoon the company said no decision had been taken by the Board and the timing of any floatation would depend ‘on market conditions and other factors.’

The news was delivered in a technical notice issued by Eircom seeking the consent of its bondholders to pay a dividend in the event that it re-floats on the stockmarket.

There has been considerably speculation that Eircom was considering a return to the stockmarket. The company has appointed Goldman Sachs and Citigroup as its advisors. link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

recommendation:

we all buy 10 shares (all of us) and go to each AGM and force them to rollout BB...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I don't think they're going to sell to joe public, probably just corporations and the like.
    They know they'd get steam-rolled if all their shareholders were their customers too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

A case fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me for Joe Public.

They probably want solicitors and comreg to buy the new shares.

K

Advertisement