Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video clip to mpeg converter?

• 22-01-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

just noticed that alot of my video files on my PC (running XP) as known as "video files"... cant seem to find an extension such as avi and mpeg...

anyway i want to convert these files to mpegs to i can burn them on cd and play them on a dvd player...

anyone know of any piece of software that wud do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

www.tmpgenc.net is quite good, give it a try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

In windows explorer:

Go to the Menu
    tools/"folder options".
    Click on the "view" tab and try to find the option: "Hide extensions for known file types". Untick this.

That should be your file types showing now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Sinecure
    In windows explorer:

Go to the Menu
    tools/"folder options".
    Click on the "view" tab and try to find the option: "Hide extensions for known file types". Untick this.

That should be your file types showing now.

Ah cheers. That'll come in handy. Didn't know about the option to show extensions. Much better showing extensions, I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Virus_Inc

If these files wont play in whatever media player you're trying to use get an application called gspot... it will tell you everything you need to know - codecs, whats installed, incomplete file, etc

As far as encoding for VCD doesn't matter what you use - Nero has a builting mpeg encoder but if youre going to encode them yourself make sure you get the right framesize for VCD (352x288 I think) - for avi's you can use virtual dub to add letterboxing....

Advertisement