Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Quake3 Team

Options
  • 03-05-2000 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right.
    We had a meeting last night, and a lot has been decided on. Of course I'm just in the door to work, so I won't be doing a write-up on it for an hour or two.
    When it DOES go up, it is going to be here : http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/zero .

One thing though that won't be going up on my column :
    Most of you know about this BW league, some of you don't. It could fall through but at the moment it is planned as follows:
    1) Starting up VERY soon.
    2) We are in a group with Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
    3) The top team from each group is being FLOWN over to a final LAN event.
    4) There is money involved.

The reason this isnt going up on my column is because its still in the planning stage, and lots of countries don't really know about it, or the details of it yet. We can't really sprout it on Challenge-ie if the BW lads aren't proclaiming it yet. But we are getting a team off the ground very fast for this, and if you see your name up for the team, and you don't give it 100% you'll be off the panel EXTREMELY fast. We are going to build a team, it's going to be "L33T", and if your "Real-life" has a problem with that, we aren't interested.

See my column in an hour or two for details of the team and all that horrible stuff. (Joe, email me ure work no, something we need to finalize)

http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/zero

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 03-05-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

On the topic of team.ie, any of the other team hopefulls want to play a few games in the nethouse this friday?

If we got 8 ppl we could get loads of practice games in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think you are right. I was wondering why she got all nervous when I mentioned his name.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

Friday/Saturday night next week, (12th+13th), we are trying to get 2 over-nighters in the Nethouse Backroom in Rathmines

i have exams from 15th may till 24th, so i wont be going anywhere till then, and friends birthday this weekend, , after may 24th i should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I'll be on holidays all next week until midnight on Saturday. Depending on the state of me I'll call down to Nethouse then. I think I'll be going down this Friday tho, if enough other players go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Well, we aren't going to be there this Friday. If yourself and Sam are unavailable at the moment, (as quite a few people will be with exams), you won't be in the initial selection of the team to play the first international quake games, which will change after the net ones, as the "travelling team" for LAN might vary from the original. But "depending on the state of me" won't do as an excuse, if you are there and practising you will be considered for the first team.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 03-05-2000).]

• Advertisement

Ok, I wont bother going this week if there is gonna be an proper training session next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

ill go to nethouse this friday

I think its fairly obvious that 'depending on the state of me' isn't an excuse. If I can play I will, if I can't I won't. It's nothing to do with me. I will try my best to make it.

Could anyone who can make it this Friday please try?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Zero writes:
    1)None at the moment, I'm actually paid to be doing stuff other than write this up, and if I don't get off this net soon, someone will shove a P45 up my **** .

Dev stirs:

FS Zero I mean this is a FnCKING JOKE. WTF I mean HOW the FnCK are we supposed to know about the team is noone writes anything about it. FS!!!!

lol -> token smiley smile.gif

DeV tongue.gif

Gotta get that hype machine in gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Hang on a tick Vorosha, thats not what MP pays him for. On second thought's it must be, cos he updated. So just who's sister DID you sleep with them?? tongue.gif

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

i guess it must have been nicky's sistor, no way he should be on the panel otherwise

I'd be interested in playing this Friday... as long as we have 8 dedicated team players.

condon, update your column.

Yes Dev, Daddys a teacher.

El_Pres, how do you expect to make the team when everytime we touch on the subject of 'dedication' you start going on about 'hype', 'gear' and 'machine'?

:/

Vor, I'll show ya tommorow at the nethouse.

token smily smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

can it take it by the calm that no one has any issues with the pannel we picked ?

/me wipes brow

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

see that, guy above you has 908 posts,a nd you have 809, how many billions of years will we have to wait for that to happen again, (unplanned). beautiful, think before you condem me you fools

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

something very strange happened there

• Advertisement

hahahahahha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

What is going on at all?

someones robbed nickys password.

hey, that barrysworld league sounds really good doesn't it? it says each team will have a panel of 8 players to choose from. does this mean 8 players will be flown over for competition etc? should we narrow down our panel to 8? sssshhhtory?

I say keep it at 12 for our training process.

Lets face it, the top 8 wont be able to make it to EVERY training session, no matter how dedicated they are.

Keep 12 and fly the best 8 over. Simple.

That is WHEN we win our group.

Looking at the other teams in our group I think we got quite lucky.

Switerland, Spain and Portugal SHOULD all have worse pings then us to barrysworld. I think we have a very good chance of winning our group and winning flights to the LAN.

Well, relitively speaking its an easier group.

What if we had ended up in with France, England and Germany by some evil stoke of bad luck.

In this group we have a reasonable chance of winning if we practice hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I totally agree, I just rather people not think we will have it handy...

See the northern lads have now entered, now theres a team I would like in our group, put spain somewhere else, and give us the northie scum wink.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There wasnt any luck involved in our group placing.

There are reasons you have a manager smile.gif

You guys get training. My game has already begun smile.gif

Like Vagga says, its no walk in the park at all.

DeV.

what 8 or 9 maps are they? I was under the illusion that the only maps played were dm6+7?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Yeah of course it should be tough, but we'll be a bunch of complete muppets if we can't get through this group, its by far the easiest one. Yous should be watching demos of top Euro and US clans to see which tactics work better (sk and stickmen)

Advertisement