Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce problems

• 22-01-2004 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I have a GeForce 4 440 in my laptop that is misbehaving of late. It started a few weeks ago when the drivers just plain gave up and I had to revert back to VGA drivers to get the laptop to boot. It's getting time that I'd like to start playing a few games again but any time I try to reinstall the drivers it just won't work. I have the latest version of Forceware from the NVIDIA website (which is what I had installed up till the problems started). I know if I try to install the forceware now I'll just get a garbled screen and will have to go back to the vga drivers. I've looked around but so far can't find any answer.. anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Did you try uninstalling the drivers, before installing the newer drivers? Might work. Also, download a previous version of the driver and try that. Another option is uninstalling the driver, let windowsupdate suggest a driver and take it from there. What OS and servicepack have you installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I've completely removed everything I can find nvidia wise before reinstalling a driver. I tried getting an older version of the geforce4 drivers from the nvidia site and even downloaded the "newest" drivers that are listed on the Toshiba website. I'm running XP Pro with no service packs (too lazy to download the feckers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

sp1 makes a big difference - definitely worth a try :)

Advertisement