Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Burner

• 22-01-2004 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

My dvd player on my pc is starting to act up (stops playing for no reason, freezes on menus etc).
    So I think I'll get myself a DVD burner.

Im thinking of getting a Lite-On LDW-811S , anyone have one of these or heard anything about them, or reccommend a better one similarly priced. I also have this dvd player, so I should be able to burn discs that will play on it using that liteon.
    Any advise would be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

the nec 2500a dvd burner is best out there at the moment. get it off www.svp.co.uk for £111.62 sterling incl. del.(160 euro), delivery is the same with at least 300 blank dvd's with the burner .ordered one myself with cheap bulkpak discs and good ritek discs ,so will let you know how i get on. check out cdfreaks.com and dvdrhelp.com for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Have a look here for some thoughts.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Callan

Thanks for the replies.

Im going to order the nec 2500a with some {DV 3071/25} Ritek A Grade 1x to 4x Inkjet Printable DVD-R in pack of 25. Are these discs good? will they sell me a sample pack of dvds if I buy a 25 pack aswell.
    Also what's this www.svp.co.uk company like, their websites not the best designed I've seen (i dont really trust companies who aren't arsed doing a decent site)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've ordered the NEC 2500a from Jes-Computer.de and it cost €164 with a pack of 10 4x Princo DVDR's. Hasn't arrived yet though I only ordered Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Originally posted by Callan
    Thanks for the replies.

Im going to order the nec 2500a with some {DV 3071/25} Ritek A Grade 1x to 4x Inkjet Printable DVD-R in pack of 25. Are these discs good? will they sell me a sample pack of dvds if I buy a 25 pack aswell.
    Also what's this www.svp.co.uk company like, their websites not the best designed I've seen (i dont really trust companies who aren't arsed doing a decent site)

I bought the Pioneer 106 4X +/- drive from svp.co.uk before Christmas. It's working a dream. I'm using the Datasafe Ritek 4X discs, and have had just 1 coaster from 25 so far, and I think that was not the drive's fault.

svp.co.uk are an excellent company. I have bought blank discs, ink cartridges, photo paper and lots more from them over the past 4 years. They have a huge range of media, and all very good quality. The shipping is a bit pricey, but they get it in the post within 24 hrs of placing the order, and it's shipped by courier. The only drawback is that lately Parcelforce are using GLS to deliver the packages in Ireland, who are pretty poor.

Ro

• Advertisement
Advertisement