Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap web hosting

• 23-01-2004 1:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I was going to post this in the Web Hosting fourm, but there's bugger all happening there, so I'm not gonna get any replies at all.

Problem:
    I had a website with getdotted.com. Only cost £17.99 (less than €30) for two years and hosting was free, performance wasn't too bad either - it did the job like. The speed wasn't too bad etc, but you had to upload using their 56kb connection.

Does anybody know of any other companies like this (pay the domian registration fee, then get free hosting) but where you don't have to use dailup for uploading?

Thanks,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That is very cheap, especially if it was fairly reliable as well. I reviewed this almost two years ago and the best deal I could get at the time (I needed 1GB space for ftp) was registration with godaddy.com (€50 for 10 years for a dotcom) and rcthost.com for hosting (€40 per year for 1GB storage, 1.5GB/month transfers, unlimited emails, webmail, MySQL, etc. etc.)

So that's a complete solution for €3.75 per month - not bad, but not as cheap as what you had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Try Freehost.ie

As far as I know they offer free hosting (you'd never guess from the name) if you register domain through them.
    Maybe someone here uses them and could give an opinion on reliability.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used http://www.doteasy.com - you get Free hosting when you buy a domian name - €25 for 1 year. Its fine apart from the fact that at every step thay try to get you to upgrade to the premium service... Freehst.ie looks better to me, has anyone here used them, I'd like to hear some opinions...

Advertisement