Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid O2..... need advice

Options
  • 23-01-2004 2:25am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so i recently returned my X1 for repairs (having problems with the MMS), and then I noticed my account had been credited with €189 from o2 shortly after I sent it back. It was addressed to the faulty dept., had a cover letter explaining the problem and was opened and had been used etc, so I figure they knew i wasnt looking for a refund (their policy is that it must be unopened for a refund). Ive noticed that since the faulty batches the X1 has failed to return to the shops, and Ive heard its been pulled and is supposed to be re-launched soon. I figure they just gave me the refund and expect I'll buy it when it re-launches.
    I however, think i might look elsewhere... if its worth it.

So can anyone recommend a nice phone (camera please), with a max price of, say €250. Sim-free is an option, but not a necessity... Im speakeasy BTW
    Any extra feature would be nice, but once it works well etc, i'd be happy
    cheers.

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sony Ericsson T610

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

how much is that? I thought that was near €300 - €400 on pay as you go..

And how much are those new motorola flip phones, they look quite nice

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well maybe its that price on RTG etc but if you go on ebay youll find it within your price range. As for the motorolas, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Nokia 3200 is within your price range on Speakeasy. Heard the camera quality isn't as good as the better camera phones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 joemomma

I've been trying to get a t610 on 02 for weeks now and they never have them in stock. The most recent estimate is early February, but I was previously told early January.

It drives me mad having to wait around for a phone that will probably be completely outdated by the time I get it, but I don't want to sacrifice my bonus upgrade by getting it SIM-free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

7250i is a nice phone if you like Nokias.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Will the T610 be available on speakeasy?

just to let you all know, after speaking to someone in o2, I found out that the X1 is to be re-launched in early Feb with updated software (its now Java compatable, which was what caused alot of problems before)

I'll probably just wait and get that one instead.

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

Yeah i also have a O2 x1 and the thing keeps locking up and will not answer correctly. So goin to take it back to them down the o2 shop. Do u think that they will send it off to get repaired r will they, simply give me the new fone..

Thanks in advance

brophy

the guy in the shop told me that they were going to re-release it around now, but they figured they would wait until they have sorted out all the old stock (so that all the 30 returns are out of date) before they stock the new batch to save confusion, so that would lead me to believe that they wont have any in stock yet (although you might be lucky).
    I'd expect them to give you a refund like they did with me, but they might just send it off and you wont get your replacement until feb.
    Best thing to do is bring it in and see what theyd do, but dont wait, cos once your outside your 30 days I cant imagine them being too helpful, and because its a software issue it would be very hard and costly to get it fixed up (eg, my cousin had a software problem with her sharp gx10 and it would have cost her over €200 to get it fixed).

best of luck, and let us know if you hear anything else.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Heard the camera quality isn't as good as the better camera phones though.

you think???? how long did it take you to come up with that statement??? :rolleyes:

lol, yeah...... Ive heard they wernt as good as the better ones alright, they never are though

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the 7250i is EUR400 atm (389 in 3G) sim free... My 3200 was 259 on upgrade. Good phone but yea crap camera quality. It is one of the only affordable camera phones offered by o2 though i'm afraid.

Advertisement