Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Return of the King - Survival tips

• 23-01-2004 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

For those of you planning on seeing the third Lord Of The
    Rings movie here are some
    survival tips. Or if you have seen it too many times.. heres how to make it more interesting..!

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell is Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

8. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians

9. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

10. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

11. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

12. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

13. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins

14. In The Two Towers when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

15. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

16. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Wally?"

17. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

18. After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

ehhh
    ehhhhhh????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Aaah brilliant..... Did Gandalf go to Hogwarts? :):)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

hrmmm this has been posted twice in the last week if i remember correctly :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Bit late for this, isn't it? I saw that mail when the movie came out - over a month ago!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I've seen it twice now. Wanted to shout 'DING-DONNGG' when they went up to the Black Gate to confront the armies of Mordor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

No.16 is the best:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭inaccessibleisl

Am I the only one who thinks LOTR is a load of shyte? And that people who know character names and refer to people in the real world to the names of fictional childish monsters are complete and utter nerdalingers?
    Best thing you should do during LOTR3 is to get up and walk out. Walk upto the ticketwoman and tell her there is a man following you and to call the police, but tell them to be nonchalant as this man has a gun and will kill anyone who dares stop him. Tell her to mind this precious tiny diamond, which is wrapped in a tissue. Unbeknowst to her, all it is is a snot. More entertainment will be derived from this short, pointless act of lunact than 3 fuggin hours of arse-cramping, feet skicking, mind numbing trash about people who want to get their finger up some old man's ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

this is about the 5875238753287544254892th time this has been posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

see on bash.org months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

funny..... however...... sounds like a skangers holiday to the cinema tbh

PS
    inaccessibleisl, your poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by inaccessibleisl
    Am I the only one who thinks LOTR is a load of shyte?

You are. Lord of the rings is something greater than anything your feeble brain can comprehend.

Go back to your hole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Very good, brilliant even

Originally posted by Raphael
    You are. Lord of the rings is something greater than anything your feeble brain can comprehend.

Go back to your hole

does that mean you agree with me vader?

Yes, and that I thought it was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

haha thats v good the wheres wally 1 is good

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Heh, doesn't anyone else think that 'inaccessibleisl' is funny? I mean, anyone who is petty minded enough to try to put down something which so many enjoy but hasn't got the conviction to use their normal profile on boards to do so, has to be worth laughing at:)

Inaccessibleisl - if you want to start a flame war (which seems to be your desire) use your usual login so that we can know who we're insulting - no fun otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by inaccessibleisl
    Am I the only one who thinks LOTR is a load of shyte?

While i didnt particularly like the films(only seen first 2), It`s just not my type of film :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I agree in some respects. Lord of the Rings isn't that great. Its a good film, and I enjoyed it, but its not the precious gold Rapheal is making it out to be. It isn't that great, don't down on someone just because he didn't enjoy it, and insinuate that he's a moron, and beneath you, and people who "get" the film just because he didn't like it. It does drag at times, the 3rd one wasn't as good as the other two, and he's entitled to his opinion.

I'm not referring to just the LOTR movies, i mean LOTR as a whole, books, hobbit simarrillion, created languages.

Just to clarify.

Movies rocked too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I'm a big fan of fantasy fiction books, and i'll be honest here, I HATE Tolkien's books. Read them when I was like 9 or 10 and haven't been able to reread them since. They're crap books, they translated well to film thanks to good talent behind the project, and made a good action film, but one of the reason was all the annoying crappy songs were cut out along with Tom bombadil and some other stuff.

• Advertisement

Whatever, I dont wanna start a flame war, you're all entitled to your own opinion, im just in a pi55y mood atm

Peace love and broccolli to you all

Raph

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Just to clarify - I wasn't deriding the persons views, I was deriding the fact that they didn't have the guts to use their normal profile to do so:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

lotr is a brilliant film and it's sad that people here are reducing it to a flame war. those "guidelines" are very funny, but old... way too old, but good nonetheless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Drex

ffs, this is the humor pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Originally posted by Raphael
    Whatever, I dont wanna start a flame war, you're all entitled to your own opinion, im just in a pi55y mood atm

Peace love and broccolli to you all

Raph

Broccolli kills, watch the simpsons :D

Advertisement