Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza

Options
  • 23-01-2004 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm thinking about buying a Seat Ibiza. Anybody have any good or bad experiences with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I've a '00 1l Ibiza with about 39,000 miles on it (28k by me since '01) .. never had any mechanical trouble with it (bar an alignment and tracking issue).

Good points:
    Handles and drives lovely compared to my previous Punto, much smoother (and a lot less body roll).. boot space is good (and with the rear seats down theres a lot), front seats very comfortable (theres lots of adjustment on the drivers seat to get a good position) & its quite enjoyable to drive.

Poor points:
    Not as economical as I would like from a 1l, but thats probably due to my driving, very little legroom (as with most hatchbacks) in the rear seats with the front seats back, not exactly the quickest car in the world, seat have their own in car display/radio thingy so you cant easily (if at all) swap it out (same with speakers they're all behind moulded plastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

can ya be more specific Niacom?

what year ya lookin for?
    what size engine?
    3 or 5 door?
    How much ya willing to spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Niacom

Originally posted by draffodx
    can ya be more specific Niacom?

what year ya lookin for?
    what size engine?
    3 or 5 door?
    How much ya willing to spend?

I'd be looking for:
    Year: between 97 to 99
    Engine: 1L
    I'm not to bothered whether it has 3 or 5 doors.
    I'd be willing to spend up to €5,500

Do you know anything in particular to look out for when buying an Ibiza?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

just the same as any other car really, get it checked out by a mechanic and look for mileage, car service history etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well I am on my second mk3 Ibiza. The first one being a mk3 3 door 1Litre Stella and my current one a 1.8 20VT Cupra.

I had the 1Litre for about 3 years and the Cupra nearly a year. Over the 3 years I had the 1litre nothing went wrong bar the built in Display/Radio which went on the blink and was repaired under good will by SEAT Ireland. Other than that it was just regular servicing and oil changes.

So thats two Ibiza's I have owned and if money allowed I would be getting a 225 Leon CupraR or maybe even the Altea Cupra when it comes out...

@Kali You can change the speakers in the mk3 Ibiza and in fact you can do it rather easily. I upgraded the speakers in my 1 Litre to sony's alround and in the Cupra I have done a full Rodek/Axton install. If you want any info on getting it done just drop me a mail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement