Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some shockwave with Irish language

Options
  • 23-01-2004 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Dia diut,

Some of you may be interested in having a look at this, it's an interactive 3D online toy with an Irish language option ( it's on the number counting section ).

http://www.candointeractive.com/web3d-fr
    thumbnail.jpg

All comments are appreciated...
    Mal

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I liked it. But the voice sounded like Huidi, or however his name is spelt. From TG4. I think it would obviously be more practical as a toy, then as an online thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 malachyduffin

Hi Jesjes,

> I liked it.

Cheers. We'll be working on some more advanced learning based demos in the near future. The single click 3D system we have developed allows anyone of any age to interact with a 3D environment, so our future possibilities are endless for creating more focused eLearning content.

> But the voice sounded like Huidi, or however his name is spelt. From TG4. I think it would obviously be more practical as a toy, then as an online thing.

The voice was pitched up and shortened to fit within the competition file size requirements, which makes it sound cartoony. A direct recording of someone talking could be used in place, for added realism ( perhaps for illustrating different accents from different areas etc ).

Mal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Using diffrent accents would be a great idea. It would even be useful to beginers of the Irish language as well as children.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

i cant get it to work:(
    i can select the irish language, but then it wont let me click any of the buttons or anything. all i can do is rotate the thing by draggin. thas it.:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 malachyduffin

Hi Gleanndún,

What type of computer do you have ( PC / Mac, Windows 98 / ME / OS/X etc )? What speed is it? ( 1GHz / 800Mhz etc ). If I can get some more information about your setup, I can help sort out the problem.

Also, does your computer have a sound card, and is the volume turned up on it? I've tested on quite a few machines, and haven't seen a problem with the sound yet.

Mal

• Advertisement

(ignore this, its a booboo;)

my comp is winxp 2.2ghz w this kina chinsy sound card i found on ebay, but it has 64 voices. neway, its not a problem w the sound, it makes a little clicky sound when i click on the irish flag; the problem is the flippin thing wont let me click on nething else! i cant get the pointing hand, only the stupid grabing one, and im very frustrated:mad: i think it must b a prob w the shockwave player. i went 2 their site 2 try 2 dl it again, but i could find the dl site newhere!:( thanx 4 ur help!

Advertisement