Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YAY

Options
  • 06-05-2000 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

hello there and welcome
    well lna events mostly happen in dublin and there will be lots of team3.ie training and ud prolly be welcomed along in the nethouse
    pluse there is a big event (lan) called milan happenin soon
    best isp
    id say tinet
    G

Daddy or chips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Dont count on Milan, we have run into big insurance difficulties.

The Nethouse run a good gaming night every Friday, £10 lets you stay there for the whole night.

All ISPs are fairly much equaly ****e for gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

Oh well, pity about the ISP's not being so great for gaming, i'll just have to wait till broadband gets here, then i can have some more fun smile.gif

where is this nethouse? i think that when i can afford to buy a monitor for my computer i might like to give it a go (dang, i wish i could've bought my monitor with me frown.gif )

this is all being typed from my cousins computer, when i move into my new place (Ranelagh) i'll be out of a computer for a couple months prolly.

oh well.... that's life.

Cheers Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Please try not to hold your breath for this so called broadband, many have tred and nearly perished before they got sense. As for nethouse, It is an internet cafe with Branches in Renelagh and Dun Laoighre as I believe (so it's not a bring your own machine affair) and it seems you are nicely situated. So have fun.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Altho if you do go to a bring-your-own-comp LAN some time, make sure you sort out a network card etc. beforehand, or you'll spend a weekend trying to install all sorts of sh1t on your comp (as I found out the hard way...) smile.gif

U & me baby ain't nothin but mammals, so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel...
    clanludo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's actually a nethouse in Ranelagh, but the machines there are older ones. You'll want to go to Rathmines (beside Tram Co) - they have 21 nice P3-450s, and this is where people go for the Friday/Saturday night gaming smile.gif

Afaik, there's another nethouse in Dun Laoighre and one opening soon near christ church.

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress
    SoF Clan site

• Advertisement

Yay, i finally managed to find an irish gaming discussion board.

hmm... i'm kinda new here, so i was hoping that someone here would answer a few questions i have....

are there any gaming events (lan partys) that regularly occur in dublin?

which isp is the best for gaming purposes?

and any other important stuff like that that someone might be able to tell me would be real useful.

heh. cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Is that Carnage from the UK?

John.
    --

Nah, i'm fine for a network card, i actually already have 2 of them in my PC, had Cable back in NZ (no, i'm from New Zealand, not UK) which was a 2 Megabit dedicated line...... **drool** one card for connection to the cable modem, the other for the internal lan.... is there like a nice big town hall in dublin or anything? with lots of power outlets? we had an event in New Zealand called the hub (www.thehub.gen.nz) which was once a month (last saturday of the month) where everyone bought their own PC's, bout 60 odd people.... if no-one is doing that over here, it'd be cool to start up....

[This message has been edited by Carnage (edited 07-05-2000).]

Advertisement