Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thickest housemate you've lived with

Options
  • 23-01-2004 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

So who's the thickest housemate you've lived with? I know for sure you can't top this: A girl i live with thought cork was the capital of ireland because it was 'the biggest', i laughed my ass off and before i went to tell anyone she said 'tell me what the real captial is so i don't look like a fool'. She doesn't know what sinn fein is, she doesn't know who gerry adams is, she thought belfast was a county. And that's just the start. So post the attributes of your thickest housemate here!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I can see how this issue must be really troubling you, you are in a very tricky situation...:rolleyes:

why didn't you post this in After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

where was this aforementioned girl from anyway?

and i agree with lafortezza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Not a house mate, but I've heard of this bloke who posts on various internet based discussion groups dissing others and laughing at them for no reason. What a complete mong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Lived with a girl who didn't know that LUAS was.
    This was last summer, she lives in Donnybrook and worked in DCU.
    Never knew what is was.

Also thought the ocean off the West Coast of Ireland was the Pacific.
    And she was brought up in Donegal.

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Originally posted by Big Chief
    where was this aforementioned girl from anyway?

and i agree with lafortezza

She's from Cork. How the capital thing came up was: she was watching you're a star, and ray said something like "today we are our country's capital, dublin" and she turned around and said "don't laugh.. but.. isn't cork the capital?"

And the mods can move the thread if they think it's not suited here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

sjones have you read the CHARTER at the top of this forum?

if you have a personal issue you can post it, otherwise, don't

off to after hours

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Kananga
    Lived with a girl who didn't know that LUAS was.
    Never knew what is was.

Anyone make any sense out of that, im not sure that LUAS was, or indeed what is was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by bazH
    Anyone make any sense out of that, im not sure that LUAS was, or indeed what is was.

That is one of the most confusing sentences I've ever read! I take it that was a typo, bazH?

andysbongos.jpg

Originally posted by Kananga
    Lived with a girl who didn't know what the LUAS was.
    Never knew what is was.

Also thought the ocean off the West Coast of Ireland was the Pacific.
    And she was brought up in Donegal.

Stupid doesn't even begin to describe her.

<Edited for terrible grammer BazH!>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by sjones
    So who's the thickest housemate you've lived with? I know for sure you can't top this: A girl i live with thought cork was the capital of Ireland because it was 'the biggest', i laughed my ass off and before i went to tell anyone she said 'tell me what the real captial is so i don't look like a fool'. She doesn't know what sinn fein is, she doesn't know who gerry adams is, she thought belfast was a county. And that's just the start. So post the attributes of your thickest housemate here!!!!

Hmm sounds like most americans :p
    Not in the sense that they think Cork is the capital of Irelandf but in the sense there thick as ****.
    I can't even count how many times Americans asked if I spoke French when I said I was from Europe, now thats bad but whats even worse is I HAD to say Europe because none of them knew wtf Ireland was!

Hell my dad was talking to one years ago and when he said he was from Ireland, the American sat and thought for a min before finally saying "Is that near Australia?"
    I'm scared of George Bush.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭inaccessibleisl

Yeah after I went back to the barbeque he had lost more of his skin and was celotaping batteries to his face. I tried to stop him but he was rubbing exrement all over himself and I wasn't touching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by inaccessibleisl
    Yeah after I went back to the barbeque he had lost more of his skin and was celotaping batteries to his face. I tried to stop him but he was rubbing exrement all over himself and I wasn't touching that.
    WTF???????????????????????

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

that's even more confusing than my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Had a girl in my old school (notice how they are primarily female) who was from Kenya we were all in a history class the day after the american election results and the teacher asked did we know who won. My friend shouts up as a joke "Saddam won by 10 votes" Everyone laughs and the girl puts up her hand and askes "I didnt know saddam was running?"

We never let her live it down.

She had a friend also from kenya who went into Burger King on graften street and asked for chicken McNuggets...She also when i was explaining how my mp3 player worked asked "Whats a Pc?"

pretty dumb huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I asked for a whopper meal in mc donalds once.... they weren't impressed, especially when I said Burger king was so much better.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Back in first year, a housemate whose name escapes me kept using the kettle-filling jug as an ashtray. The bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

they weren't impressed, especially when I said Burger king was so much better.

did they actually care? i mean...really? i can't see the counter staff actually giving a damn at all.

it would seriously bother me if they were upset by it (it must mean they're given some kind of rigorous brainwashing/training to make them care about the company)...unless you mean they were unimpressed by your stupidity? :rolleyes: (no offence)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Realistically though, who would be impressed by stupidity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Fox executives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

the worst was one who spent all evening cleaning all the non-stick surface off a frying pan and said "jeez that was really hard to get clean".

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Here's teh win:
    I lived with this lady who had 3 kids and never paid any attention to them accept to scream at them, and what did she scream you may ask.. for the kids not to talk to her while she was on the computer, oh not so bad you may think huh? well it is when she is on the computer for 10 hrs a day! no kidding, walks in door from work go's straight to computer then off to bed. Hires nannies to come raise her kids for her and then wonders why the kids run around like wild feckin' animals!! oh, I dunno, maybe because they have had NO Upbringing! geesh
    I hightailed it out of that crazy house, oh and I mean Lonney tooney house after 1 month, surprised I lasted there that long.
    Hav'nt spoke to her since and dont care too, just hope she comes to her senses and learns what her priorities should be, namely..child 1,2 & 3.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by sjones
    she thought belfast was a county.

I got on a bus to Letterkenny last year and the girl behind me was from Cork. We were chatting, and I mentioned that I went to college in Belfast. She said "Where in Derry is that then?"

I almost wet myself laughing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh god...

I once shared a house with an American lad who was possibly the most ignorant person I've ever met in my life. Now I've shared this house with a few Americans before, and they're pretty sound, but this guy was a ****ing peice of work. He was the Sistene Chapel of sheer stupidity...

For one, he was an Army guy, and there wasn't a conversation that went by where he didn't make light of the fact that he was an advocate of G.W. Bush. I could go on, any he did many, many things that really got up my nose...

But the icing on the cake, was when we were telling him about pubs in Galway, and that there was a couple of gay pubs just so he didn't go in by accident. The conversation went on about that subject, but then, I couldn't beleive what he said next... He said that there was no gay bars in America. And he got very, very offended when we were trying to say that there must be gay bars in America.

PAINfully stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by BEAT

Hav'nt spoke to her since and dont care too, just hope she comes to her senses and learns what her priorities should be, namely..child 1,2 & 3.

And she named her kids 1, 2 & 3? Jeez, some people! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I had a housemate last year who was pretty thick, but not so much in the academic sense. I was living with my boyfriend at the time and two first year lads. We didn't trust them at all so we kept our rooms locked all the time. My boyfriend had a PC and PS2 in his room and occasionally he let the first years in to play the PS2. What we didn't know was that 1 of them had gotten a key to the room and was letting himself in whenever he felt like to use the PS2. We finally rumbled him when he left his mobile on the chair one day and locked it in the room. He was lucky he got away without a kicking.
    Thick doesn't even come close to describing him! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

One of my housemates left an electric kettle on a hot ring of our cooker, needless to say he didn't end up with boiling water in the end, just a big ol' load of plastic metled to our cooker.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    One of my housemates left an electric kettle on a hot ring of our cooker, needless to say he didn't end up with boiling water in the end, just a big ol' load of plastic metled to our cooker.

My sisters old boyfriend from Germany did that once, ohhh how we laughed
    He wasn't used to having a electric kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Those crazy backwards Germans!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

had some work experience eejit do something similar with joint of beef. chef told him to put it in the oven at a specific time, and shortly after that smoke came pouring out of the kitchen.

he'd slid the joint into the oven still sitting on the plastic chopping board it had been resting on. and it was straight onto the rack as well, so it had melted though onto the bottom of the oven. nasty smell, and lots and lots of smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

My sisters old boyfriend from Germany did that once, ohhh how we laughed

how unefficient..

Advertisement