Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thickest housemate you've lived with

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    One of my housemates left an electric kettle on a hot ring of our cooker, needless to say he didn't end up with boiling water in the end, just a big ol' load of plastic metled to our cooker.

lol! In halls last year, one of the girls on the floor above us put the toaster on the red-hot hob, and then forgot about it. Went back to her room, the fire-alarm went (cutting all the building's electricity) the firebridage came out and walked out of the building with the flattest toaster ever seen :)

She's also a mine of silly quotes, but we'll leave that to another day, when I can remember some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

Not sure if this was thick but it really does stand out in my memory.
    When we all moved in together one of us had to arrange a telly for the year. One of the girls jumped to it and within days we had a new set. We were amazed but a bit annoyed at the rental cost so we got it checked out. The other girls went to the shop to inquire but there was no TV rental there listed for our address, however there was a hire purchase. We were LIVID. We were paying a hefty amout to her and she was getting a tv at the end of the year that we effectivley bought her. She had told everyone that it was a rental. We confronted her but she refused to see the issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

An addition to the first post: Last night my housemate said "why are they still looking for bin laden? Shure, Didn't he fly those planes into the buildings" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

we had a lodger in our house when my dad was out of work with an acident,

her: how do you spell "ok"

me: are you serious,

her: yeah

me: well there's 2 way's, o k as in the letters o and k, and then there's "okay" spelt o,k a,y" by the way why you ask,

her: i'm writing a report on the smallest word in the english language

( i was like 6 at the time, she was 25)

almost as good as the time when she asked my dad " how much milk was in a liter" (spelling?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

My housemate was is at it again! She called up the nct crowd, to get her card nct'd. So they asked her for her registration number. She replies "where do i find that?" Yer one at the office says "It's on the front of your car", housemate replies "It's not in my glove compartment, hang on i'll ring you back". She asks her father where she can find her registration number.. and he explains that it's her license plate number. And she says to him "Oh, i was wondering why the girl on the phone was laughing" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by agent smith
    liter" (spelling?)

lol timing is everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

guy in my course was staying with an American. He came home one day and found a shopping trolley in his apartment. He asked the American guy where it came from and he said "Im not paying €1 for a trolley everytime I go shopping"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy
    One of my housemates left an electric kettle on a hot ring of our cooker, needless to say he didn't end up with boiling water in the end, just a big ol' load of plastic metled to our cooker.

rofl

Originally posted by Squall
    guy in my course was staying with an American. He came home one day and found a shopping trolley in his apartment. He asked the American guy where it came from and he said "Im not paying €1 for a trolley everytime I go shopping"

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

that's not really stupid, makes business sense if anything.....

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: WE HAVE A NEW CONTENDER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i lived with complete idiots last year (not like this year). one of them crushed up anadin tablets and snorted them in front of another guy and then sold the rest to him as cocaine

that's not really stupid, makes business sense if anything.....

How does it make business sense? You get the Euro back when your done with the trolley, it just means he has to wheel the trolley to the shop everytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

comedy is lost on you people, jesus i swear, really you get the euro back?...no way?....

Bah..........

LMAO! :D You sooo cR\azy.

Advertisement