Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping audio from a DVD to MP3??

• 23-01-2004 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I know this sound weird but is ther a way of ripping the audio off a DVD to an MP3 file? The reason I ask is I got the 2 slane DVDs at Christmas and would like to be able to listen to them on my Creative Zen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

There is indeed. Go to doom9.org and get yourself a copy of "Robot4Rip"

Make sure you put the DVD in the drive before you launch the program. Set up the audio preferences as you like them, and then make sure you select MP3 (at the quality you want) to be default and enabled. Then choose the PGC rip you want (presumably you're looking for a music video and not the actual film) and hit go. Then when you're done, just keep the MP3 file and delete the rest.

Oh, and on a sidenote, unlike dvd222, all the tools available on doom9.org are freeware.

Advertisement